United Parcel Service has me really steamed!

I ordered a pair of SIDI Forces from a shop in Texas, and they shipped them out on January 2. They were supposed to arrive here in WA state on January 8.

I was on the phone a couple of times with the shop in Texas geting the tracking number, and they have been very helpful, but when I call UPS and tell them the tracking number, where it was shipped from, where it was heading, and were the tracking stopped, they are telling me that they cannot help me, and that all "Tracing" preceedures have to be started by the Shipper.

Why? I am tired of bugging that place in Texas, and I am the one who put out the $$. Why do they not handle this situation with me?

I worked for UPS for 5 years while going to college, and walking out the door for the last time was one of the happiest times of my life. That company has little regard for thier employees, and I am now finding that they have the same regard for thier customers.

Of the 10 things that I had delivered via UPS this year, this is the second item that has been lost. The other was a pipe from Dennis Kirk, and that was a "close-out" item as well, so I don't think a replacement is heading my way.

Down with UPS.

?

Sorry to hear of your troubles Brandon.

I ship stuff oout every day for UPS here at work and I cant think of many times that something has not made it to its destination.

I think you will probably recieve your package, it might just gotten delayed somehow, but I do understand your hostility toward UPS (with the not being helpful)

You can also go to www.ups.com and click on "tracking" and put your number in there and you wont have to keep calling. You can do it online and its much easier.

Just hope the people in Texas (from where you ordered it) didnt send it to the wrong place.

The only time i've run into a problem with UPS was a few years ago with a rear tire for my street bike. I live about 3 miles from a Huge dealer, and my tire got mixed in with their tires for that day's delivery. Of course, they denied ever having received it, even though UPS had their signature for the item. Took a few weeks to get it all sorted out, and I had the replacement tire shipped US postal priority mail... Again, though, the vendor that sold me the tire had to do the legwork to find out what had happened, as I could not.

Cheers,

Sabooo

Very funny Darin!

After I ordered the boots, I waited a couple of days, then I called down to Texas to ask them when they sent the boots out and when they expected delivery. They gave me all that information, so I thought I was set. After the expected delivery date passed, I called again, and the Texas shipping guy checked the tracking number, and told me that the boots were in Redmond, Wa (about 150 miles from me) and that they had been there a couple of days. So, I got the tracking number from him, thanked him, and THOUGHT that I could now handle this directly with UPS.

Not so.

I thought that with me having all the sender/receiver/tracking number information that this would be no big deal, but I am being told that they will not deal with me, and that "tracing" of the package MUST be generated by the shipper only. I keep asking why, since I am the customer who layed out the cash for the boots and the shipping?

It has been about 3 days now, and I am still trying to get UPS to find my lost package, but they won't help me because I am not the "shipper".

I am fighting now on principal, (I could easily call Texas, and I am sure that they would help me) and I think that UPS's customer service is terrible.

Brandon..

i had that problem as well, i had a package sitting 30 miles from me for a week before i got it.. try calling number and complaining to the person on line, then do what i do.. just tell them you will keep calling back until you get an answer....lol

good luck with it!

James

Well, it seems as though something has happened, but I don't exactly know what.

I refused to call Texas and have them start a tracing process, I just kept e-mailing UPS Customer Dis-Service, telling them "Here is the tracking number, here is where it came from, here is when it was shipped, here is when it was supposed to be delivered, here is who it is supposed to be delivered to, and here is that address. Now DEAL WITH ME!".

They kept refusing (It went back and forth for about 3 days) but it seems as though the package is moving again, but what a strange trip it has been.

Here is the UPS tracking number: 1Z6858170342967037

Plug that into Here and take a look. I wonder what happend between the 7th and the 14th? It looks like it is now on its' way to me again. But, will it make it or not?

And, I refused to let that big company bend me over. ?

Jan 15, 2003 2:22 A.M. MESQUITE, TX, US DEPARTURE SCAN

12:24 A.M. MESQUITE, TX, US ARRIVAL SCAN

Jan 14, 2003 8:55 P.M. AUSTIN, TX, US DEPARTURE SCAN

Jan 7, 2003 7:19 P.M. REDMOND, WA, US ARRIVAL SCAN

3:17 P.M. PORTLAND, OR, US DEPARTURE SCAN

Jan 5, 2003 8:11 P.M. PORTLAND, OR, US ARRIVAL SCAN

Jan 4, 2003 3:07 A.M. COMMERCE CITY, CO, US DEPARTURE SCAN

2:32 A.M. COMMERCE CITY, CO, US ARRIVAL SCAN

Jan 3, 2003 2:20 A.M. MESQUITE, TX, US DEPARTURE SCAN

1:34 A.M. MESQUITE, TX, US ARRIVAL SCAN

Jan 2, 2003 9:59 P.M. AUSTIN, TX, US DEPARTURE SCAN

7:57 P.M. AUSTIN, TX, US UPS INTERNAL ACTIVITY CODE;FORWARDED TO DESTINATION

7:57 P.M. AUSTIN, TX, US ORIGIN SCAN

6:45 P.M. US BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

I like how it all of a sudden reappeared in Austin from Redmond after a week.

Ouch!

Some of the garbage UPS has given me about mis-directed packages (I've sent some and had them come back to me a couple days later) has to do with where the "To" and "From" address labels are placed on the box. If they are in the wrong place, your package could end up anywhere because evidently thier employees don't know (or care) about the definition of "To" and "From". This is in additon to packages being shipped UPS coming in broke open, crushed, and bent. When you complain to the driver he replies "@#$%& YOU, call my supervisor!!!"

Needless to say we prefer to ship FedEx or the US Postal Service.

My first and only experience with UPS was not pleasing.

Bought some side covers for a 75 Can am off of e-bay for 30

dollars plus 10 dollars shipping. By the time it got to me it cost another 30 dollars.The shipper paid the shipping but when it arrived

there were more charges plus taxes. Now I only use U.S.Postal sevice and Canada post.Much cheaper and no hassles.

Brandon,

Give "OoPS" some paperwork to deal with: File a Claim. Try to get names and email their customer service. If necessary, have the shipper forward your email. Jerk them around for a change.

Darin: That is Hilarious! :D Though no professional driver should find amusement in such a predicament... :D?:D Shame on me!

UPS is wierd. I had a guy sell me a used m/c engine on ebay. Somehow during the trip a bit of oil leaked out of the engine and colored the box. The engine sat in denver for 14 days waiting for an inspection to see if it was an explosive.

The tracking numbers and days were then REVISED to show an "on time" ground delivery. I say file the claim and be a complete pain in the butt.

I have started doing the same thing with my checkbook balance.

Looks like to me that there is a double label on the package.The people who work at the customer service lines at UPS do NOT work for UPS it is a contract job.They have no clue what is going on.If you look at the big picture, out of the millions of packages that they deliver every day only a few hundred might get "lost".Not too bad of a ratio.Unfortunally yours happens to be"lost".

At first thought, I was planning on continually e-mailing their customer dis-service letting them know that I was "still waiting" for delivery; then I was going to be very deliberate about opening the package to ensure that no damage had occured to my merchandise (to throw the driver off schedule) but then I thought better of it.

I have found their customer service to be absolutely unhelpful; and I simply will ask my shippers to use a different carrier in the future.

That ought to do it the best way I know how.

For kicks I called UPS to find out what the guaranteed ground delivery time in transit from Mesquite TX to your location in WA. They told me that GUARANTEED delivery time in transit was 4 business days. :D

So - now that the package is in Colorado - who know when it will show up. ?

Anyhow - the shipper will have to file for a refund as UPS did not deliver per their guarantee - which in the long run should mean that you get a refund for shipping from the dealer. :D