WR426-can't remove front sprocket

3 replies to this topic
  • clamp007

Posted October 27, 2008 - 05:25 PM

I'm trying to remove front sprocket to change back to a 14 tooth. Removed cover over sprocket & held back brake. Tried like hell to wrench it counter-clockwise, but not letting up. Sprayed WD40 too. Any tips?

• roushxteam199

Posted October 27, 2008 - 08:01 PM

i have another person i help me. i have them hold the rear brake and i put it into gear. put the socket wrench on and kick it quick, sounds dumb but works for me.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • doctorchopper

Posted October 28, 2008 - 01:33 AM

impact gun works well, the above trick works well too, but just remember the chain has to be on, they tend to be on very tight, you will need a half in breaker bar to make it easy

• mikeythefokker

Posted October 28, 2008 - 01:39 PM

The impact gun is the way to go. If you already have a compressor, then you can buy a pneumatic one very cheaply, otherwise the big corded ones can be a bit pricey, but well worth it. The other thing that can help is just to blast the spot with the oil every day for a week. Tap the nut for a few minutes with something to create some vibration to really help to oil get in there. Wash Rinse Repeat

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.