Ran with No Headpipe

10 replies to this topic
  • almostinvincible119

Posted October 27, 2008 - 12:54 PM

So my pipe fell off about a lap into moto 1 this weekend, I went from 1st to 3rd (who knew back pressure does that much of a difference) i could def. tell that my power was down. Anyways, im just wondering if I would have done any damage in 4 laps without a header. (Dad shoved a rag in it right after my moto to make sure no cold air hit those valves) I ran moto 2 and the bike ran perfect. Just wondering

• royrogers

Posted October 27, 2008 - 12:58 PM

Chad Reed ran a full moto like that at Millville 2 years ago. Didn't finish too high. Unless you sucked dirt/water in should be OK.

• almostinvincible119

Posted October 27, 2008 - 01:05 PM

no, im pretty sure everything stayed out. i was on the gas most the time, makin up for the power loss, so im pretty sure shit just blew out if it got around it.

• hondacrf250rrr

Posted October 27, 2008 - 01:08 PM

u should be fine as long as no dirt or water got in

• ThumperKid250F

Posted October 28, 2008 - 01:22 AM

you might want to pull your valve cover off or your head off just to see if anything got sucked in.. just incase

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • KJ790

Posted October 28, 2008 - 03:16 AM

The exhaust port doesn't lead to inside the valve cover.

• bansheeater1

Posted October 28, 2008 - 10:06 AM

You should be fine..you were on the gas the whole time..unless you were running in water or sumthing

• qwik12beat

Posted October 28, 2008 - 12:56 PM

I wouldnt be as worried about sucking something as i would be about burning the exhaust valves up. If it's running fine,run it. Only time will tell.

• dfeckel

Posted October 28, 2008 - 01:00 PM

I'd be more worried about your hearing loss...

• Just_a_trail_rider

Posted October 28, 2008 - 02:04 PM

I wouldnt be as worried about sucking something as i would be about burning the exhaust valves up. If it's running fine,run it. Only time will tell.

My thoughts exactly.

Why not just shut it down? Why risk damaging your bike?

• almostinvincible119

Posted October 28, 2008 - 02:25 PM

I'd be more worried about your hearing loss...

for sure. i think the spectators had more issues with hearing loss than i did.

My thoughts exactly.

Why not just shut it down? Why risk damaging your bike?

and maurice: ego, its a dangerous thing

oh...and the money

Related Content

Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  113 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Wilson the Blue Privateer by jetfuel

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  50 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.