My 03' Wr450 Whines And Slaps When Shut Off.why?

4 replies to this topic
  • DRJIZA

Posted October 27, 2008 - 09:28 AM

I Have A 2003 Wr450, And It Had Been Running Great Until A Buddy Changed The Oil. Im Not Sure If He Overfilled Or Underfilled It, Though I Have Since Put The Right Amount Of Oil In. But Now My Bike Whines When I Ride It Almost Like A Low Pitch Whistle, And When I Shut It Off It Sound Like A Valve Or Piston Slap. I Thought It Might Be Eiter The Timing Chain Being Too Tight Or It Might Need A Valve Adjustment. Any Suggestions?

• WR450FGreg

Posted October 27, 2008 - 11:06 PM

My 03' Wr450 Whines And Slaps When Shut Off

Sounds like my missus !! :lol:

Greg

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • kikkokrash

Posted October 31, 2008 - 01:24 PM

I Have A 2003 Wr450, And It Had Been Running Great Until A Buddy Changed The Oil. Im Not Sure If He Overfilled Or Underfilled It, Though I Have Since Put The Right Amount Of Oil In. But Now My Bike Whines When I Ride It Almost Like A Low Pitch Whistle, And When I Shut It Off It Sound Like A Valve Or Piston Slap. I Thought It Might Be Eiter The Timing Chain Being Too Tight Or It Might Need A Valve Adjustment. Any Suggestions?

I have a 2003 WR450F and I have the Electric Starter Motor broken.
Sometime, when I kickstart and the engine doesn't start or when I switch off the engine it sounds like a piston slap.

I took it to the mechanic, check the valves and other staff, but it seems that this sound is caused by the Electric Starter Motor.

Does yours work fine? If not, that could be the cause. As you might know the 2003 model is faulty, most of the user upgrade it with the 2004 version

• DRJIZA

Posted November 04, 2008 - 09:04 AM

thank you, that might be it. What type of oils does the bike take.

• buggs bunny

Posted November 04, 2008 - 09:15 AM

thank you, that might be it. What type of oils does the bike take.

i use yama lube 20-50 because it gets pretty hot here in NM 10-40 if the temps were lower.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.