Mods for the WR450 ?

7 replies to this topic
  • Fugazi

Posted January 13, 2003 - 10:05 PM

What mods do u guys think you will be making on yer new bikes when we get em....? My personal list is getting really big since I've had so much time to think about it.I'm just curious on what everyone else is going to be doing first. :)

• blue_beast_wins

Posted January 13, 2003 - 10:57 PM

Not getting a new 450 yet, but these are the things i would be getting,
Decent barkbusters
Bash plate
Rad guards
Seal savers
Renthals
S12, M12
Good pipe

• ThumperWR450F

Posted January 14, 2003 - 02:09 AM

I ALREADY GOT ALUMINUM BRUSH GUARDS . NEXT ON THE LIST WILL BE A UNI AIR FILTER, RENTHAL OR TAG HANDLE BARS ,AND A FRONT ROTOR GUARD . I WILL WAIT ON THE EXHAUST .

• jim-in-so-ore

Posted January 14, 2003 - 04:20 AM

I already have Renthals, barkbusters with Maier plastic hand guards and new Progrips, also TMdesignworks chain slider & chain guide, plus once the flywheel puller gets here, A flywheel weight. Skid plate,front disc guard and of coarse a dual sport kit. These last things, after some aftermarket vender designs & builds them. Thats good for a start.
Jim

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • allinson

Posted January 16, 2003 - 03:37 PM

Take this for what it is worth. I looked one over at my dealer. I sold my 426. I believe my skid plate, front disk guard and yz fender may fit. I am also optimistic that my yz 3.2 tank and shrouds may work as well. I cannot be positive, but I will post a notice when my 450 comes in. If they don't work, I will being selling the above things.

• WR250fla

Posted January 16, 2003 - 05:22 PM

Titainium Dr.D slip on muffler, for the ti header pipe.

• Fugazi

Posted January 20, 2003 - 10:53 PM

Well this is what i got so far...Pro circuit exhaust system,barkbusters,hand built top 3 clamp,stabilizer,fat bar,guards,yz rear fender and lighting kit,and a real nice set of 17" wheels(excel n talons),motomaster breaks kit with a four pot on ther way...... Pictures will be supplied after its all done.... :) :D :D

• dirtdynamics

Posted January 20, 2003 - 11:40 PM

I am not getting a WR450.
I wish i could but i can't.
But i can tell you what i would put if i could.

Applied Triple Clamp set
Pro Taper Hi Bends
Enduro Engineering Hand Guards + Plastic Shields
YZ Rear fender
Works Perch / Magura Hydraulic Clutch
FMF 909 levers
White Brother wheelsets=Gold Talon Hubs Laced to Gold Excel Rims
Full WB e-series with titanium head pipe
Loads of DSP carbon fibre guards
Oversized wave rotors
Braided Brake line
Nice Graphics + seat cover
And the list goes on.........

I can only dream....
SHeeesH!
:)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.