New to the sight (Suspension ?)

2 replies to this topic
  • mlc_flooring

Posted June 24, 2002 - 04:27 PM

Hello, I am new to the site by two days. I have found this to be the best web site out there. I own a 2001 wr426 and have just started racing it. I am having my front forks retuned by TBT tomorrow. Not sure if i should have new springs put in it. I have never raced before and I pretty much suck. Place 14th overall in my first race 250 beginner. My last bike was a 84 xr 100. I have noticed a slight difference between the two. :) :D Anyway i am extremely new to this sport and racing and i am hooked. For those of you who are interested i will let you know about my adventures. Also i am looking forward to suggestions on the bike. I am completely ignorant with all the jetting and carb topics. Mechanically challenged. But i am confident that i can handle cutting the grey wire. Thanks for all the help and looking forward to some new freinds. :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YZ400Court

Posted June 24, 2002 - 05:26 PM

Posted Image

You will find lots of useful info and a lot of great people here.

Posted Image

• RLucky82

Posted June 24, 2002 - 07:05 PM

tuning is a matter of personal preference

first you need to check sag there is free sag and rider sag this will take a couple of people to help check. then there is fork/shock oil, what weight do you need and what level in your forks do you want? then there is your riding style and type of riding you do most, your weight and attitude should all be considered by your tuner if he is not asking you these questions then look for some one who will.

springs why change those? ... a lot of information is in your manual! start there! I recomend finding your stock suspensions weakneses and going from there.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.