Anyone riding Kennedy Meadows this weekend

8 replies to this topic
  • Greg_Shaw

Posted June 24, 2002 - 04:04 PM

I'll B riding Kennedy Meadows this Friday & Sat. for the first time this weekend with 4 friends. I'm looking for any TT's to possibly hook up with. I have private property 15 miles from Kennedy Meadows that we will be staying at. :)

• SoCalWR426

Posted June 24, 2002 - 05:19 PM

Dang it!!!!!..... :) Where were you weekend just past...I was dying to get my buds to go! Everbody was too busy..Bman and I had to settle for one day of Gorman..Did 100+ mi.. Gota handfull of blisters and some heatstroke (puked my guts out) found out 50oz of H2o is not enough for me to run on... Man it was great!

SoCal

• StreetMoto

Posted June 24, 2002 - 06:11 PM

I would love to go but cant make it on short notice. We should get all the TT'ers together for a trip up there. I know there are quite a few of us around.

If you give me about a week or two notice I can make it next time.

have fun man, here are a few pics of my trip up there a few weeks ago:

Kenney Trip

OOOO.. Make sure to bring some jets!!! The riding is at about 7000 feet. I have all stock jetting and went from a 165MJ to a 160MJ. Didnt mess with the needle. The bike was ridable but by no means on the power.

[ June 24, 2002: Message edited by: StreetMoto ]

• MotoGreg

Posted June 24, 2002 - 07:45 PM

I've never been there but I saw the turnoff for it last week coming back from Mammoth. What is the riding like there? I'd like to go check it out but don't think I can make it this weekend.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yzernie

Posted June 25, 2002 - 07:02 AM

This next weekend won't work for me. I have been thinking about going there since everyone talks so highly about it.

Several camp areas limit the size of your RV. We have a 33' toy box...is there enough room in the camp areas for something that big??

I would guess spark arresters are mandatory. I have a greenie for the 426 but only a red for the 125. Will a red work??

Riding at 7000' would be really nice when it is 100*+ around these parts.

Ernie

[ June 25, 2002: Message edited by: yzernie ]

• Greg_Shaw

Posted June 25, 2002 - 07:02 AM

Trees, rocks creeks, climate change from Desert to extreme elevation. My friend has rode the Idaho 100 2X (ISDE qualifier last year) & said this is the best riding short of Idaho.

• StreetMoto

Posted June 25, 2002 - 07:24 AM

Kennedy is red sticker OK year round so there are no issues with green or red.

more info:

Kennedy info

• tripod

Posted June 25, 2002 - 09:58 PM

I just got back from Kennedy meadows last week (19,20, ) June. The weather was hot and very dusty, however we enjoyed every minute. Take lots of water, and I reccommend using disposible covers on your air filter to change frequently. If you are up for a few more hours of driving go to Bishop CA. The riding area there is so vast you will be in heaven. Inquire about Coyote flats (5000 - 10,000 ft.) in Bishop, the best riding in CA.

• Greg_Shaw

Posted June 26, 2002 - 05:17 AM

My WR is green stickered (99), I just received some info I requested from the Forest Service. Now I find out you cannot ride on class 3 dirt roads w/o a liscense plate. When I checked all the forest service trail maps there is no indication of "Class 3" diret road. I called the forest service at the Cannel station & she said anything on the map with double dashes is closed to off road bikes. 2 weeks ago I checked the Chimney Creek road from my property & it NOT posted "No OHV vehicles". When I asked the forest service if the maps are not marked & the road not posted how is anyone to know if its legal...She said you just have to know AAAUUUGGGHHH. Now I have to drive my truck 45 minutes - 1 hour to the single track trail head. Has anyone been hassled for riding on the 4x4 dirt roads. I would dual sport my WR (I allready have the kit) but now with the gas tank hassles at Alamo Mtn. its not worth it.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.