YZ450F vibration

7 replies to this topic
  • garage time

Posted October 26, 2008 - 08:22 AM

Hello, I just picked up a 2006 450 and I love this bike.This bike has a high frequency vibration at about 5,000 to 6,000 RPM,it is not too bad but it is noticeable on decell or when holding steady throttle.It is maybe normal but I don't remember feeling it in my YZ426F.I have about 2 weeks left on my 30 day warranty and was wondering if I should bring it up to my dealer. Thanks for any input.

• sacfelix

Posted October 26, 2008 - 08:31 AM

I own a 06 YZ450 and currently have 68hrs on mine.
Everyone who owns a YZ450 has some noise. No one spent any time on this engine trying to make it nice. The efforts went into making it perform, and making it last, two things that it does very well.

The normal noises include primary gear backlash, torsional transmission gear rattle, cam "flip", cam chain noise, tappet noise, and occasionally, piston slap. All of these are normal. The best advice I can offer is to listen to another one or two for comparison with yours.

They all make noise, it is when it does not make all the noise that you have to worry.

• grayracer513

Posted October 26, 2008 - 11:17 AM

Not once did he mention noise.

If you think the vibration is of any concern, first, try another '06. Then, return it to your dealer for evaluation. Mine does vibrate a little in that range, but not badly at all.

• wr400schek

Posted October 26, 2008 - 01:54 PM

hey gray racer are you a mechanic cause you know ur stuff

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bansheeater1

Posted October 26, 2008 - 02:56 PM

I have an 07 and vibrates but not to the extreme.

• hillclimbguy

Posted October 26, 2008 - 10:11 PM

We have two 06YZ450s. When I think I hear or feel something abnormal i jump on my sons bike. After some comparison all is good. I learn to live with it.

• garage time

Posted October 27, 2008 - 03:54 PM

Thanks for taking the time to reply.I will try to find another '06 to compare with and also run it by our dealer.It is good to hear input from other bike owners. I am pretty sure it is normal and I will follow up on this thread if I find anything out.

• superjet

Posted October 29, 2008 - 03:51 PM

Some interesting info in this thread-->
http://www.thumperta...light=vibration

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.