Chain Breaker

11 replies to this topic
  • mazzuca21366

Posted October 26, 2008 - 07:26 AM

Who sells the best chain breaker? Im not concerned with the price, just want quality. I make my living with Snap On Tools but they dont offer a breaker.

• motomanmike26

Posted October 26, 2008 - 07:47 AM

I use the HP Tools one. I have no complaints with it. It does the job i need everytime an makes it very easy. I have the HP Tools Heavy Duty Breaker an it works just fine. You really don't need to spend the extra on the HP Tools Heavy Duty Press. It might work better but i don't think its worth the extra money because they both do the same job an the Heavy Duty Breaker has not let me down yet an i've cut up probably 25 chains with it. It makes it very easy. Hope this helps...

• grayracer513

Posted October 26, 2008 - 11:13 AM

I make my living with Snap On Tools ...

So, for 35 years, did I.

http://www.reginacha...w_to01.shtml#01

• mazzuca21366

Posted October 26, 2008 - 11:25 AM

Thanks for the info Grayracer. I have a motionpro now and its crap.

• gtxkid

Posted October 26, 2008 - 02:29 PM

I have a very old one and still use anything to grind first to make it easy.
I am sure there are new one"s out now.
I would buy a Made in USA

• grayracer513

Posted October 26, 2008 - 04:00 PM

I have a motionpro now and its crap.

So do I. I converted it to a master link press after I bent the third "new improved" push pin.

I would buy a Made in USA

So would I, if there was one.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • almostinvincible119

Posted October 27, 2008 - 01:02 PM

a bench grinder and a punch work great to (if ya feel like being cheap...like me)

• grayracer513

Posted October 27, 2008 - 02:14 PM

Being cheap, I don't have a problem with. Scattering abrasive grit all over the chain is another issue, though.

• almostinvincible119

Posted October 27, 2008 - 02:55 PM

Being cheap, I don't have a problem with. Scattering abrasive grit all over the chain is another issue, though.

ive never thought about that. but soak it in a parts cleaner afterwards and put the majority of the chain back in the bag when i grind

• Stroker06

Posted October 27, 2008 - 08:33 PM

Kind of off topic here, but I am needing to replace the chain on my '07 and am not sure how to use one of these breaker tools, I've never had one before. The only time I've changed a chain was on my wifes old TTR-125 and I just used a 4-1/2 angle grinder and a punch like mentioned before.
I want to make sure I use the proper tools because I am going to go to an O-ring type chain and do not want to damage the o-rings. Can some one explain the usage of the tool or is it self explanatory once you have one in your hands?

• grayracer513

Posted October 27, 2008 - 09:24 PM

It makes sense when you see one, and the Reginas come with an instruction sheet.

• mike_dean

Posted October 28, 2008 - 02:55 PM

Kind of off topic here, but I am needing to replace the chain on my '07 and am not sure how to use one of these breaker tools, I've never had one before. The only time I've changed a chain was on my wifes old TTR-125 and I just used a 4-1/2 angle grinder and a punch like mentioned before.
I want to make sure I use the proper tools because I am going to go to an O-ring type chain and do not want to damage the o-rings. Can some one explain the usage of the tool or is it self explanatory once you have one in your hands?

You don't need to worry about damage to the o-rings, the masterlink comes with its own o-rings.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.