Need Plastic Ideas

9 replies to this topic
  • S_Phillips

Posted June 24, 2002 - 02:44 PM

Do to a recent nasty get off I
busted up the plastic number plate for the headlight....and many other items :)

I want to toss the number plate, head light, the odometer and cable. With that I would also need a plug of some sort where the cable goes into the front hub.

Thanks in advance!

• WR_Dave

Posted June 24, 2002 - 03:35 PM

Go to Ty Davis' site Zipty racing or Terrycable's web page .

• MOmilkman

Posted June 24, 2002 - 05:05 PM

Heres the answer to your prayers:
Posted Image
Its called a odometer eliminator (good name eh! :) )
Check it out at www.flatlandracing.com

• Mr._Gadget

Posted June 24, 2002 - 07:30 PM

Just get a YZ front spacer and seal, then replace the odometer sending unit altogether - done.

• SoCalWR426

Posted June 24, 2002 - 09:16 PM

Phillips, If your headlight itself is still good, PM the Bman, He's looking for one..$$

SoCal

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • The_Missile

Posted June 25, 2002 - 01:19 AM

Cheap solution is to grease the hole as much as possible then plug it with the right size of cap which fits over the threads. Did this months ago and no problems.

• MOmilkman

Posted June 25, 2002 - 03:53 AM

LOL

You would think we were all making a precentage of the sales off of the odometer spacers were each pushing! :) :D :D HA ha

seroiusly though.....

<font size="1">www.flatlandracing.com (completely replaces odo housing. Its the trickest!)</p>

• S_Phillips

Posted June 25, 2002 - 05:26 AM

WOW thanks for all the replies guys!

That odometer eliminator is looking pretty good from here :)

SoCalWR426 Phillips, If your headlight itself is still good, PM the Bman, He's looking for one..$$

SoCal, still haven't decided if I'm going to keep the bike or trade for the new YZ. Kinda torn on that issue cause I'm also interested in signing up with a club membership to ride the Cumberlan mountains and I know the WR would be better for that. Hell I just might keep it and get the YZ...... :D :D
In shorter form I just need to hold on to as many stock parts as possible until I make that decision.

• JOSHUAZ2

Posted June 25, 2002 - 11:20 AM

s phillips i just replaced my drive and still have the old one with the stripped gears. if you want it for a spacer i'll send it to you.

• Joel_Gibson

Posted June 26, 2002 - 05:10 AM

I did the same as Missile. Went to the Auto parts store and bought a pack of black rubber vacuum caps. Found one that fit tight and sealed it off. Not as trick as the spacer but you don't even notice the black rubber cap and it has worked well since I put it on (8 months ago).

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.