Jetting changes tested: the best so far!

1 reply to this topic
  • tk421

Posted June 24, 2002 - 12:19 PM

Taffy, your jetting recommendation worked the best. Thanks! The rear tire broke loose all day long (gears 1,2,3, 4th a little). Throttle response was instant and brutal. Cold start was hard, I just did it the one time at the start of the day so I have not figured out what the engine actually wants yet on a cold start. It appeared the choke did no good, but twisting the throttle twice, started it right up. Hot starts were first kick every time (with hot start button pulled out). The engine surprisingly had good low end power. Mid to top end is where it screamed! :)
Taffy, you recommended a 158mj and a 40 pj I believe. This is what I ended up with:

MJ 158
MAJ 160
EMM clip #4
PJ 40
PAJ 65
PS (2 turns out)
BK/APJ (very short, quick squirt)

C.F. AIRBOX
Stock air filter
Header: YAMAHA Stainless Steel P/N-YZR-5GR93-10-SS
Muffler: Stock 98 YZ.
YZ Timed
Grey wire: (not unhooked), (not yet).
Gearing: 14 x 50 (stock WR raio-357).

http://www.photoalbu...om/gschildroth/

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Taffy

Posted June 24, 2002 - 01:54 PM

well done. after a couple of recent results i'm starting to feel human again.

your starting procedure will probvably alter slightly when you get used to it, day in day out.

i would have thought that you wouldn't need hot start but there you go. like i said ride it and see.

Taffy

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.