Wr 450f voltage regulator

2 replies to this topic
  • moonhound

Posted October 24, 2008 - 06:15 PM

I recently replaced my voltage regulator(on the right hand side near the handle bars) and my bike has not blown a bulb sence, but the volts coming back to the battery are off the scale is there another voltage regulator on the bike that controls the volts going to the battery?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tweav

Posted October 24, 2008 - 07:11 PM

I'm guessing that you are talking about a 07 +wr450 . anyhow in that regulator there is also a rectifier . what voltage is going to your battery ? is it sending ac or dc?

• doctorchopper

Posted October 26, 2008 - 01:44 AM

yes it is a combined unit, at least on my 05 it is. i was blowing my bulbs bit voltage was fine to battery, had to replace regulator/rectifier. all is good now. Was it a new regulator/rectifier, if it was used maybe was off a yz, they don't have rectifiers just regulators, same as older wr426/400's

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.