WR 450 Ship notice

18 replies to this topic
  • Jim_Patterson

Posted January 13, 2003 - 12:00 PM

My dealer has a release (ship notice), bike should be at Michigan dealer in 1 1/2 weeks. I may know of another one available in SE Michigan this month also.

• WR250fla

Posted January 13, 2003 - 12:25 PM

Mine is on the way also, we should have a lot of posts about the new bikes before long.

• ThumperWR450F

Posted January 13, 2003 - 12:27 PM

my dealer said my bike has been shipped and it will arrive this week !! YAY !!!!!!!!!!

• SMD

Posted January 13, 2003 - 12:45 PM

Ditto :)

• ddialogue

Posted January 13, 2003 - 12:59 PM

For all of you guys posting on this thread: Are these the first WR450's to show up at your respective dealers?

• ThumperWR450F

Posted January 13, 2003 - 01:02 PM

• wr250rr

Posted January 13, 2003 - 01:03 PM

Where is your dealer???
I'm jonesing BIGTIME for mine here in NJ. :)

• ThumperWR450F

Posted January 13, 2003 - 01:09 PM

• Ridin'_MD

Posted January 13, 2003 - 01:55 PM

I'm gettin' a woody :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SEB416

Posted January 13, 2003 - 02:34 PM

That's great mine is confirmed for Feb 5, I have received all the extras, grips, muffler, front disk, handle bars, etc. but no 450!! I'm getting crazy about it.
congrats!! tell us how it works

• BEAN329

Posted January 13, 2003 - 08:03 PM

bikes are in the whse, deliv in 2 weeks

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted January 13, 2003 - 08:34 PM

I talked to my dealer today, They're only getting 1-WR450 and 1-WR250 for January. Then the same shippment in March. After that they'll be trickling in.

• WR450

Posted January 13, 2003 - 09:52 PM

Just rcvd Confirmation that mine is here last week Jan/ First week Feb :D :) :D :D

I will definitely need a few days leave!

• dickosaurus

Posted January 14, 2003 - 06:59 AM

I'm in Oklahoma and my dealer said mine would be here late this week or early next week.

• Rickey

Posted January 14, 2003 - 07:57 AM

My dealer told me mine should be here this week or next. Can't wait.

• yamaokie

Posted January 14, 2003 - 08:59 AM

Where is your dealer located? I'm getting my 450 in Chickasha. The dealer there gets his delivery updates from me (and I get my info on TT)! Hope it arrives this week...

• Motorod

Posted January 14, 2003 - 10:14 AM

I just talked to my dealer. He say's he will be getting in three in March. The last time he heard it was Jan. He said he will be doing some more research on this and let me know as soon as he knows. I have a very good dealer, and have been doing business with him for 25 years. I trust what he says. Dealer name is Thompsons Yam,Kaw, Suz of Huntsville TN.

• sabooo

Posted January 14, 2003 - 11:31 PM

When I was shopping for my WR, I first went to the dealer closest to my house.. They told me in no uncertain terms that their first WR450 would arrive in March. I went down the road a few miles and another dealer told me they were expecting theirs around christmas (this was back in September.) If your dealer is being told March, its because they did not order any of the initial shipment (the production lines keep running, but the sea containers only ship out periodically - its cheaper per container to fill a cargo ship once every 2 months than to send a few boxes every day, hence the January to March gap) As the season gets on to nicer weather, Yamaha ships many more units stateside and so ships more often. Check some of the other threads... the bikes are arriving in dealerships NOW. I would suspect that his 'more research' probably involves calling around to other dealerships to see if one of them has a WR450 they would be willing to trade... :) Either way, i hope it comes soon for you.

• dickosaurus

Posted January 15, 2003 - 06:27 AM

Yamaokie: My dealer is in west tulsa/sapulpa.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.