Whats the difference between the SM, S, E DRZ models?

4 replies to this topic
  • Ride_DRZ

Posted October 23, 2008 - 10:17 PM

Hey i just bought my DRZ 400 SM on the 15th and i was wondering what the differnce is between the SM, S, and E, i hear tat the E model is more powerful than the S and SM if i would jus like to know if their parts are compatible and if you could extchange parts like the cams out i would really apriciate if i could get some answers thanks.

• f2dog

Posted October 23, 2008 - 10:38 PM

Engine parts can be used on all models.
Difference is a thinner base cylinder gasket and other cam shafts on the E-Model. Some of the E models also have a Keihin carb and another airbooth.
Forks is different on the sm model.
Exhausts is different on the E model(At least in Europe)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Aperture_disaster

Posted October 23, 2008 - 11:50 PM

Should of Got an E man, it comes with the search function on TT :lol: Just playing the SM, S, K, E all can use TT's Search feature. :p

Congrats on the new ride dude, ENJOY it stock, before the mod monster takes over!

But seriously, that question is asked several times a week(if not per day sometimes) - and somebody nice always answers... then you get someone like me making you privy to one of the coolest features on TT,SEARCH-ABILITY if you can think it, its been asked answered and repeat... in the rare event you don't find what you are looking for in the first few hundred posts...ASK "whats up with that" cause rarely do i not find what i am looking for already buried in the archives waiting for discovery.

oh another cool tip : google will search TT too. :lol:

:lol:

• Ride_DRZ

Posted October 24, 2008 - 09:15 PM

haha hey you might thinks this is funny but weres the search ?

• Aperture_disaster

Posted October 24, 2008 - 09:29 PM

haha hey you might thinks this is funny but weres the search ?

good question!

hint: its on the right side in the navigation bars ... oh dang i'll show ya.

Posted Image

good luck, and happy searching!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Need help diagnosing rough idle problem by richdiggins

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Suzuki   DR-Z 400
  • 18 replies
Forums
Photo

Bolt on shorty levers for DRZ-400SM? by TheSuperMotoTard

• Hot  51 replies
Forums
Photo

Brand new 2014 DRZ 400SM by jprince911

• Hot  66 replies
Forums
Photo

FCR 39mm Carb from TT store - Question by Chubs604

• Hot  58 replies
Forums
Photo

Looking at DR-Zs! Please Help. New to dual sport riding, but not motorcycles! by AJPJR

• Hot  29 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.