New 2004 WR450F question

9 replies to this topic
  • zimak

Posted October 23, 2008 - 07:10 PM

Hey guys, searched around in FAQ area but cant find good listing of differences by year.

Found a brand new...like never even had a battery 2004 WR450F sitting at the back of a dealership.
He wants damn near nothing for it, were there any deal breaker known issues for that year?

• Super_Dave_344

Posted October 23, 2008 - 07:23 PM

i supermoto my 04 on the street and have had no real issues with it.Its a great bike just alittle bit heavier than the newer aluminum framed bikes but i love it.

Whats he asking for it?

• Thumper_Bloke

Posted October 23, 2008 - 07:46 PM

Great bike. Buy it! No probems at all.

• zimak

Posted October 24, 2008 - 08:15 AM

i supermoto my 04 on the street and have had no real issues with it.Its a great bike just alittle bit heavier than the newer aluminum framed bikes but i love it.

Whats he asking for it?

He said he would throw on a FMF full exhaust, new battery, jet it and uncork it (I know the guy pretty well...decent guy for a dealer and actually rides what he sells) out the door for $3200 and throw in the stock exhaust as well.

No idea how in the hell a bike sits in the back room like that for so long but hell I think I might jump on it.

Going to go pick up my new Midnight Warrior this weekend in Utah...might just have to come home and add 2 new Yammies to the stable in one week!

• SJMC_DON

Posted October 24, 2008 - 09:16 AM

Raced my 04' for two seasons... flawless bike. You are getting a good deal, I sold mine used, over a year ago for $4,300 :lol:

It weighs the same as the new bikes, it just carries the weight higher making it feel heavier...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • drtbk4ever

Posted October 24, 2008 - 10:11 AM

I wouldn't hesitate to pick up a new 2004, especially for that price.

• Bullwinkle

Posted October 24, 2008 - 11:43 AM

I'm probably biased but I think that was the best year for the WR. With the minor exception of the decomp port blowing out the "plug" and spewing oil (easily fixed) on the radiator all the kinks had been worked out by '04. Plus it's the last year of the big gas tank.
:lol:

• SJMC_DON

Posted October 24, 2008 - 12:31 PM

I'm probably biased but I think that was the best year for the WR. With the minor exception of the decomp port blowing out the "plug" and spewing oil (easily fixed) on the radiator all the kinks had been worked out by '04. Plus it's the last year of the big gas tank.
:p

Totally agree... I never had my decomp plug blowout...:lol:

• byggd

Posted October 24, 2008 - 12:42 PM

The 04 is a great bike! Nevada doesn't have a red/green sticker crap to deal with you you are good to go!

• Super_Dave_344

Posted October 24, 2008 - 01:30 PM

id say for that price with the extras you cant go wrong!! I gave $3500 for mine in 07 used (good condition) and it was all stock

Posted Image

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.