2001 WR400 GREY WIRE MOD.... Does anyone know?

5 replies to this topic
  • jon sillett

Posted October 23, 2008 - 02:02 PM

Where is my 01 WR400 Grey wire !! Please !

After trawling through hundreds and hundreds of Grey wire mod postings,i am STILL trying to locate the exact wire i need to mod my 2001 WR400.I have two 6 pin connectors coming out of my cdi.NEITHER of them contain a S*****G Grey wire !!!!!! I also have a two pin connector that comes from the CDI with one Black and White wire, and also a grey Wire BUT the grey wire doesn't seem to go anywhere from the connector !!!! (so i can't see how removing it would change anything?)
Is there anybody out there that can tell me EXACTLY where the grey wire is located as it's doing my bonce in !!!! :lol:

• doctorchopper

Posted October 23, 2008 - 02:19 PM

i don't think the uk models need the grey wire mod done, i kinda think they have this done from the factory

• tcmII

Posted October 23, 2008 - 03:48 PM

I can't speak for the UK Model, but the Grey Wire has been a US mod since the '98 WR400. On the '98 WR400 the Grey wire is in the two pin connector and, if I remember correctly, it's two wires in and one wire out.

I will probably have the tank off this weekend and will double check.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted October 23, 2008 - 08:26 PM

You're right. I must have looked up a YZ by mistake. :lol:

• jon sillett

Posted October 23, 2008 - 10:54 PM

Sorry to mess you boys about but it isn't a uk model as i stated earlier (my mistake) as the speedo is in Kph,so it must have been imported.
Does anyone know why they would fit a grey wire (on the two pin connector)out of the CDI that ends up going to nowhere!!! It just goes into the conector one end and stops.
[COLOR="Red"]PLEASE CAN SOMBODY PIN POINT THAT B****Y GREY WIRE,I NEED MORE POWER !!!!!!!!!![/COLOR]

• MarshalGiles

Posted October 24, 2008 - 03:43 AM

Here's a page that'll give you a how-to with pics. If you don't have the plug in the pics, then you don't have a gray wire. Most, if not all, of the free mods are detailed on that site. Hope it helps.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.