Where is my 01 WR400 Grey wire !! Please !

3 replies to this topic
  • jon sillett

Posted October 23, 2008 - 01:48 PM

After trawling through hundreds and hundreds of Grey wire mod postings,i am [B[COLOR="Red"]]STILL[/COLOR][/B] trying to locate the exact wire i need to mod my 2001 WR400.I have two 6 pin connectors coming out of my cdi.[COLOR="Red"]NEITHER[/COLOR] of them contain a [COLOR="red"]S*****G Grey wire !!!!!![/[/COLOR]B] I also have a two pin connector that comes from the CDI with one Black and White wire, and also a grey Wire BUT the grey wire doesn't seem to go anywhere from the connector !!!! (so i can't see how removing it would change anything?)
[COLOR="red"]Is there anybody out there that can tell me [B][COLOR="red"]EXACTLY[/COLOR]
where the grey wire is located as it's doing my bonce in !!!! Thanx:bonk: [/COLOR]

• GCannon

Posted October 23, 2008 - 02:19 PM

I am not sure of the exact specification of the european models but my Canadian model does not have the grey wire. It may be a USA only noise reduction issue.

Maybe others who are more familiar with the European WR could comment on this?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bluebreadtruck

Posted October 23, 2008 - 05:21 PM

on my bike, the grey wire was in a 2 pinconnector with a black wire....the grey wire went to the cdi box

• byggd

Posted October 24, 2008 - 01:36 PM

Was the 01 a 400 in the UK? On my 02 it was on the left side of the frame under the tank. Here is the diagram if it helps.

Posted Image
Posted Image

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.