Speedometers

7 replies to this topic
  • Ridin'_MD

Posted January 13, 2003 - 10:05 AM

Anyone have any reccomendations for a speedometer for the WR? I would like to know when I break the sound barrier (other than the sonic boom, of course). :)

Are people hooking up mountain bike speedos to their bikes? That seems a little flimsy to me.

Anyone have links to speedo sites? It sounded like KTM has a pretty cool one on its 525 EXC's.

Anyway, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Bud

• dangler

Posted January 13, 2003 - 10:17 AM

Take a look at the TrailTech Endurance motorcycle computer. They are ruggedized and specifically made for off-road motorcycle applications. Alot of guys here use them and I just ordered one myself....The best prices I have seen are right here in the TT Store. Here's the link to their site.... http://www.trailtech.../motorcycle.htm

Good Luck

• jim-in-so-ore

Posted January 13, 2003 - 01:00 PM

Ridin MD,
I have a speedometer from a XT 225/350> I paid $ 116.00 for it. I am going to install it on my WR450. It will hook right up to the stock odometer cable. It has the tripodometer in it also.
Jim

• Mike_L.

Posted January 13, 2003 - 01:07 PM

I as well recommend the Trail Tech Panaram Computer. Mine has performed very well over the past year. It is small, light weight and has a nice billet dashboard available for it as well.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ridin'_MD

Posted January 13, 2003 - 01:52 PM

The TrailTech looks really nice and for 75 bucks, probably is the way to go. Jim, I sure like the idea of a speedo that attaches to the existing odometer cable. That would make the installation a breeze.

Bud

• jim-in-so-ore

Posted January 13, 2003 - 02:03 PM

Ridin MD,.
The only drawback to the real mechanical speedometer is you will have to fabricate a mounting bracket. It's not real hard to do, hell I did it and used a Honda (shudder) speedo on my WR400
Jim

• dmp437

Posted January 13, 2003 - 04:00 PM

Another recommendation for the TrailTech unit. It is programmable for the EXACT diameter of your tire, with a 1 mm tolerance, so it is super accurate. Sensor update is twice per second, an improvement over earlier models. My only complaint is that it doesn't have a built in white LED lighting for night time use. It does have a light in it, but's it's a momentary light that goes off in about 5 seconds. The ThumperTalk store is the place to get it, check out www.trailtech.net for more info and pictures.

• slowcrow

Posted January 15, 2003 - 08:36 AM

I loved my Trailtech unit, it was a breeze to install. Just make very sure that it is securley mounted. The clip on mine broke and I lost the computer while riding, never saw it fly off. I will be buying another one though.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.