'05 YZ450F with TRC Yosh. system

2 replies to this topic
  • motomike03

Posted October 22, 2008 - 01:01 PM

Got the exhaust and now bike will dominate anything at the dunes. My only questions is, How much horsepower did I pick up from the exhaust and the carb. kit installed?

Does anyone have a direction to point me?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • KJ790

Posted October 22, 2008 - 05:14 PM

Odds are no more than 1 and a half peak. It is very rare for an exhaust system to produce more than 1 full peak horsepower more than a modern stock exhaust. The difference is in the rest of the curve.

• grayracer513

Posted October 22, 2008 - 07:23 PM

Odds are no more than 1 and a half peak. It is very rare for an exhaust system to produce more than 1 full peak horsepower more than a modern stock exhaust. The difference is in the rest of the curve.

Essentially quite true. In fact, it would be unusual for any exhaust on a YZ450 to add more than 2 anywhere in the curve, either. The exception would be the '08-'09 models, which can easily gain as much as 5 or more in the mid range over the stock systems.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.