What is the db reading on standard exhaust

2 replies to this topic
  • Follett

Posted June 23, 2002 - 10:25 PM

Hi, I have a european 2002 WR426. These don't come with a spark arrester so there is nothing to remove. To compete in enduros in the UK it must read no greater than 85db from 2 metres. Does the stock pipe pass this? Thanks again for your help. Rich

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Taffy

Posted June 23, 2002 - 11:25 PM

they read 82dbv and are the only pipe just about that the scrutineers wave straight through.

Taffy

• The_Missile

Posted June 24, 2002 - 01:58 AM

No idea, but they are quiet!!!! I can now actually hear myself f*rt*ng since I replaced the Stroker SX-1 with the stock 99 Eur can!!!

What a loss in performance though...it now feels like I'm dragging a boat anchor. I should fiddle with jetting to lean it out again to recover some of the snap, but right now its as responsive as customer service on a friday at 4:59 pm

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.