Exhaust

1 reply to this topic
  • ak567

Posted October 21, 2008 - 12:39 PM

I have been doing some research on this site but am still unsure what to do. I have a 08 wr450f supermoto with an ASI kit, box lid removed, and the pee shooter removed from the exhaust can. I was looking at upgrading my exhaust but just wanted to go with a mega bomb header for now. But it appears most people say the header is useless with the stock can. Are these people refering to the can with the restriction in. And I've also noticed some people said they seen a bigger increase with just the factory 4.1 slip on with stock header as apposed to the mega bomb with the stock can. Some good input would be appriciated so I can get my mind made up lol.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Demo_Slug

Posted October 21, 2008 - 02:36 PM

I have been doing some research on this site but am still unsure what to do. I have a 08 wr450f supermoto with an ASI kit, box lid removed, and the pee shooter removed from the exhaust can. I was looking at upgrading my exhaust but just wanted to go with a mega bomb header for now. But it appears most people say the header is useless with the stock can. Are these people refering to the can with the restriction in. And I've also noticed some people said they seen a bigger increase with just the factory 4.1 slip on with stock header as apposed to the mega bomb with the stock can. Some good input would be appriciated so I can get my mind made up lol.

a slip-on made a huge difference on my 08. :lol: and that is compared to a stock can with the GYTR insert.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.