WR 450: Desert bike?

3 replies to this topic
  • dukeboy

Posted January 12, 2003 - 06:07 PM

Well like every one else thats waiting on there 450, I also can't wait!!!ANY DAY!!Anyway, we have a trip planned to Baja in March and was wondering what you guys think it will perform like on the prolonged rides? I realize that the bike is not out yet, but like the smaller oil capacity? Do you think it will be a problem, or what?

• bleedblue

Posted January 13, 2003 - 11:30 AM

I had a '99 WR400, own a YZ426 (trying to sell) and have a WR450 on order. I change the oil every hard ride or every other ride if I take it easy. I have always been a little concerned about all of the shavings in the oil filter when I change it. The smaller oil capacity of the WR450 is my only concern about the bike. But I still can't wait for it!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • asinine

Posted January 13, 2003 - 01:33 PM

I've also had a 400 and a 426 and we usually ride Baja twice a year with chase trucks. Because I share your concern, I take fresh oil, something to clean the filter with and empty anti-freeze jugs for the waste.

• rockyuphill

Posted January 13, 2003 - 02:40 PM

It will be fine just watch the oil on ANY new bike. WR 450 anyday now

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.