WR Plastic?

7 replies to this topic
  • seamus1618

Posted October 21, 2008 - 05:10 AM

Does anyone know where I could find black plastic for a 2000 WR400?
I've checked out denniskirk.com and they had a few pieces but not a complete set.

Also is there anyone that sells the retro black and white Yamaha decals that would fit on this year model bike?

• GPFree

Posted October 21, 2008 - 03:49 PM

Save your money and just paint it. I know a guy that did this to a 07 and it looks great. Spray can.

• BajaFool

Posted October 21, 2008 - 04:03 PM

Seamus1618,
I just went through this in Sepember for my son's 2008 WR450F. It can't be done for a WR.

• tweav

Posted October 21, 2008 - 04:23 PM

I put black plastic on my 07 wr it's not that expensive . both Ufo and acerbis make plastic for wr's . the only part they don't make is the headlight plastic. they both also make white and blue . did you try the thumpertalk store . they will order it for you.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BajaFool

Posted October 21, 2008 - 10:25 PM

Tweav,
I do not see any way to buy a black WR (not YZF) rear fender for a 2007-2008 model bike. I checked all of Thumpertalk's catalogs, no black.

• tweav

Posted October 21, 2008 - 11:21 PM

they are not in the listings yet . but they do make them . I called them. when I get home I'll see I if I saved the links on my home computer.

• tweav

Posted October 22, 2008 - 02:53 AM

here's the ufo link :

http://www.ufoplasti...el=69&year=2007

note their rear fender does not take the stock tail light but it comes with it's own new led one with a plater holder

here's a few pics

rear fender

Posted Image

note :these are yz rad shrouds I have an ims fuel tank it requires yz shrouds . but ufo does makes wr ones
Posted Image
note : no one makes a head light Mine' s painted it's been holding up so far.
Posted Image

• tweav

Posted October 22, 2008 - 03:09 AM

here's a cheap way to do white :

pick : plastic kits , 2007 , wr , 450f .

http://www.acerbis.c...ica_yamaha.html

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.