Rox Risers

8 replies to this topic
  • BlackBeast

Posted October 20, 2008 - 05:56 PM

Has anyone added risers to their bars & did you have any difficulty with the length of any of the cables.

• Original_Prankster

Posted October 20, 2008 - 06:39 PM

How big of Risers? i put the Universal Fatbar clamp on mine and that lifted it up a little, but i didn't have any problems with it (1991 dr250s)

• Benrod327

Posted October 20, 2008 - 08:06 PM

I have 1" Rox Risers and they work pretty well with my Renthal CR High Bend Bars, I did not have to lengthen any cables and it will work, just make sure you tighten them very well.

• greer

Posted October 21, 2008 - 02:05 AM

I've got the Tusk risers on mine, they're over an inch high.

Sarah

• CaptTurbo

Posted October 21, 2008 - 02:09 AM

I have bar-backs on my DR and loved them until I put the Safari tank on it. The bar-backs raise the handle bars an inch and move them back an inch toward the rider giving a more comfortable position. The Safari tank doesn't allow enough room for full turning radius with them though so I will be selling them after I get some vertical risers. Anyway, even with my bar-backs there is plenty of cable length. If anyone has a set of verticals they would like to trade for the bar-backs let me know.

• pipes3k

Posted October 21, 2008 - 03:02 PM

I have Rox risers sold by Power Madd. They are 2 inches high. I had to go with them because of my Parabellum windshield mount. The cables are at the limit but do not bind. In the future I will get longer cables when needed. I got them at Dennis Kirk. They are over price in my opinion. Like 80 dollars.

• BlackBeast

Posted October 21, 2008 - 05:41 PM

I have Rox risers sold by Power Madd. They are 2 inches high.

That's what I have, I may have to re-route the clutch cable for more room.
Is a Sun. project when I tackle installing the IMS tanks as well. Wish me luck.

• Lil John

Posted October 21, 2008 - 08:17 PM

I have 1-2" rox riser install presented no problems for 05dr650, no binding, no cable issues, this was a great install as I am 6'3" and use the stock bars still, the rox I have basically have two pivot points now, so it can have very minute adjustment if needed, big help standing, have spitfire windshield too, but not a problem, running ims tank/corbin combo just to let you know how I sit in the dirt sometimes, but still love the risers...just wish they were black (mine are aluminum polished?) also, I have taken some dirt spills with them and haven't had any adjustment or breakage...don't remember the price though, as I got these back in 10/2005...hope this helps:ride:

• DR Da-da

Posted February 01, 2009 - 06:47 PM

Has anyone added risers to their bars & did you have any difficulty with the length of any of the cables.

Yes, I do! I added the Rox elite anti-vibration risers with a set of ProTaper SE KX High bars. With everything positioned to my comfort, my throttle cables are maxxed out - especially with the bars turned to the right. The clutch cable is not as tight, but another inch or two in length would be nice.

Does anyone know of a source for longer throttle or clutch cables? I've searched, but come up with nothing.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.