2007-2008 YZ450 fit WR450 Plastics

9 replies to this topic
  • Jason_R

Posted October 20, 2008 - 03:36 PM

Do the new 2007/2008 YZ 450 fit 2007/2008 WR 450 plastics? They look like they're the same exact thing! I want a yellow WR-450! :D

• tweav

Posted October 20, 2008 - 04:07 PM

no they are not the same ,but they can be made to fit with enough modding

• Jason_R

Posted October 20, 2008 - 07:07 PM

Can they be made to fit without changing the fuel tank, and still look good/close to factory?

• tweav

Posted October 20, 2008 - 08:36 PM

one of the bolts on the rad strouds don't line up at all . some guy's just leave that one out . Does that look stock? Not to me . the rad shrouds are not what has the real issues . the rear fender is what is hard to get to fit . none of the bolts line up it's a inch too narrow at the back 2 bolts , and it also requires some inventive relocating of cdi and the wires . I'd run yellow on my bike but I don't like rigged up stuff . so I have a set of black and a set of white .

• Jason_R

Posted October 21, 2008 - 10:17 AM

Where'd you get the black and white plastic sets?

Maybe I'll order a set of YZ plastics and see how much crap I've got to do to fit them.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SJMC_DON

Posted October 21, 2008 - 11:27 AM

The real hurdle in any color change is the headlight cowl... if you want the OEM headlight cowl in any color but blue you need to start looking for paint.....

• Guyver

Posted October 22, 2008 - 12:43 PM

Judging from my recent experience with plastic paint, I think painting the headlight cowl will actually work out.

• Jason_R

Posted October 22, 2008 - 01:36 PM

I'm going to be using a different headlignt and front fender setup. However the fender I have I can't get it yellow. Doh.

• SJMC_DON

Posted October 22, 2008 - 01:43 PM

Judging from my recent experience with plastic paint, I think painting the headlight cowl will actually work out.

It has worked well for me

Posted Image

Posted Image

• tweav

Posted October 22, 2008 - 02:10 PM

I posted the links for black and white plastics in this thread

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=704346

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.