Will '04 YZ450 forks fit an '07 WR450?

2 replies to this topic
  • 25psi

Posted October 20, 2008 - 09:50 AM

I'm pretty sure the YZ forks are the correct diameter. Any other fitment issues or cons to the '04 YZ fork? (couldn't find this in a search)

Thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tikkar

Posted October 20, 2008 - 11:07 AM

I'm pretty sure the YZ forks are the correct diameter. Any other fitment issues or cons to the '04 YZ fork? (couldn't find this in a search)

Thanks

Just check, there could be a little lug near the speedo drive hub to stop it spinning, the WR's have the drive hub and the YZ's don't need it, well they don't have speedo drives over here! Have a good look at both bikes to be safe

• doctorchopper

Posted October 20, 2008 - 01:17 PM

yes they should, i just bought a set of 04 yz forks for my 05 wr, it has the lug for the speedo drive, i haven't fitted them yet, the only problem i can see is the fork guards are different, so will have to get the old style fork guards with the guides, the other thing is the 04's are not dual chambered forks, not sure if that will make a difference in the performance

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.