what cam for 06wr450

6 replies to this topic
  • jhmotard

Posted October 18, 2008 - 10:34 PM

I want more power out of the 450 and i was thinking a new cam is a good idea......what are my options????

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted October 19, 2008 - 07:30 AM

I want more power out of the 450 and i was thinking a new cam is a good idea......what are my options????

you can do the 03-05 yz cam which would give you the same characteristics of the yz but note that same have had issues with e-starting after this mod.

also there is the option of hotcams which i believe they may have sorted out the estart issue.

also try the search there have been alot of post with some great info!

• clark4131

Posted October 19, 2008 - 08:47 AM

'05 YZ exhaust cam. I've seen too many issues with people going with Hot Cams. The starting issues aren't that big a deal...SC

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Fullbore4

Posted October 19, 2008 - 02:32 PM

YZ exhaust cam makes very noticable difference

• MaxPower

Posted October 19, 2008 - 09:40 PM

[COLOR="Green"]YZ exhaust cam lit my bike up. It should have come with it.The cam made the motor run like it was supposed to [/COLOR]

• Jason_R

Posted October 19, 2008 - 10:04 PM

[COLOR="Green"]YZ exhaust cam lit my bike up. It should have come with it.The cam made the motor run like it was supposed to [/COLOR]

How's the e-start!?

• 04WR450man

Posted October 20, 2008 - 02:42 AM

I recently fitted a pair of Hotcams to my '04. I am very happy, the bike is definitely a fair bit quicker and I much prefer the power delivery.

If you like the WR style power delivery just fitting the intake cam increases the low/mid range power but fitting both gives it more power through out the rev range, the bike revs very fast, but the bottom end kick of power is not as noticeable.

Also, E-Start works perfect now - unfortunately I got a dodgy exhaust cam the first time round but Hotcams didn't hesitate to send me another one.

Trev. :D :worthy:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.