White Bros E any good?

7 replies to this topic
  • TallJohn

Posted January 12, 2003 - 12:49 AM

Got a cheap one on offer to me. Are they any good?

• Pete_Z

Posted January 15, 2003 - 11:25 AM

I had one on my 2000 WR4 and it worked great with only a pilot jet change. Big difference from the stocker in throttle response. Good quality, durable piece, but kinda loud. I tried the quiet core, but it killed the power output. Just my 2 cents.

Peace Eh - P.Z.

• Dean400

Posted January 15, 2003 - 02:27 PM

I've got an E-series on my '98 WR400. It definitely is loud, but I haven't tried any other pipes on it.

• yamaharichey

Posted January 15, 2003 - 04:26 PM

Hopefully its the S-bend, thats the best for low end grunt, put eight disks in it, it will give you better bottom end and won't be quite as loud.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Team_Oatmeal_Pie

Posted January 15, 2003 - 06:22 PM

Whats the diff between the E series and E series S bend. I am considering this pipe too, as I will need to quiet down for some off road races, and then open it up for the track. With discs and cores is it flexible enough to change it up with out changing the jetting each and every time??

• TallJohn

Posted January 15, 2003 - 10:35 PM

Hmmm, not sure if it's the S bend or not. But bought it anyway. How do you tell?

• yamaharichey

Posted January 16, 2003 - 06:16 AM

The S Bends pipe that comes out of the front of the muffler is all the same diameter, the other one has a pipe that increases in diameter towards the muffler, funnell shaped, I think its called the Pro Series, it gives more power on the top end and is more for the pro racers.

• Pete_Z

Posted January 16, 2003 - 12:31 PM

When I had my WR with the E-Series, I found that going from 7 to 12 discs made lots more noise with a minimal top-end power increase. No jetting change seemed necessary even with the quiet core installed. I experimented with the quiet core and eventually drilled the holes in the center of the "baffle washers" bigger. I can't remember what size of drill I wound up with, but I did go quite a bit larger. The drilled core with 12 discs was a bit quieter (by ear) than no core and 7 or 8 discs and ran about the same. In the end I wound up running it with no core and 12 discs most of the time.

Peace Eh - P.Z.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.