yz426 gearshift keeps coming loose

2 replies to this topic
  • laserracer

Posted October 18, 2008 - 11:11 AM

Man im getting sick of tightening up my shift lever ,ive even ground out the slot in the shifter so it can clamp tighter to the shaft ,and put a longer bolt with a backup nut on the end to stop it coming loose ,so anyone got any tips or should i just look at getting an aftermarket shifter; i can do it up tight then after 1 days ride it is loose on the shaft again

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • laserracer

Posted October 18, 2008 - 03:42 PM

shit snaped another bolt off trying to tighten it up can you loctight the gearshift to the shaft ?? then bolt it up

• laserracer

Posted October 18, 2008 - 05:34 PM

OK now have it sorted... on advice from www.kiwibiker.co.nz i checked the output shaft theres a groove that runs around the shaft that the gear shift bolt passes through and this has worn will redrill gear shift lever and fit bigger bolt :D

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  113 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • 1 review
  • Last review by Tommyk_55
  • On January 15, 2017
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Wilson the Blue Privateer by jetfuel

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  50 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.