DESERT TANK/ENDURO JACKET RECOMMENDATIONS?

3 replies to this topic
  • YAMAHA116

Posted January 11, 2003 - 03:15 PM

I'm interested in both and don't know much about either? Just wondering what you think? IMS, Acerbis, Zipty, for tanks? And, who makes a good jacket? Anyone have either for sale? (tank for an '02 YZ426) Thanks!

• Ridin'_MD

Posted January 11, 2003 - 04:05 PM

Good to see you are going to Baja!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Brian_in_Long_Beach

Posted January 13, 2003 - 08:51 AM

I've been very happy with my Moose XCR jacket. It fits over my chest protector w/o any problem. Mine is 5-6 years old so the newer ones are sligthly different.

I've ridden Baja with a 3.4(?) gallon IMS YZ tank w/o any problems. I get ~90 miles before reserve. I have a 4.0 gal WR tank from IMS that I'd be willing to sell if you really think you need the bigger tank and are running a WR seat. Hell, I have the WR seat if you want it...

Brian

Brian

• Dwight_Rudder

Posted January 13, 2003 - 09:30 AM

Go with the Moose XCR jacket. The 2003 model is best since the originals came out.
Cher'o,
Dwight

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.