YZ400F - after work ride today

2 replies to this topic
  • V8Pinto

Posted October 17, 2008 - 09:38 AM

Thanks to all the TT'rs that helped me get the 400 going after it sat in my garage for over a year! I bought it for my bro-in-law when he came back from his first tour in Iraq but it never ran right and was really more bike than he wanted so he bought something else. I bought it from him and it sat there. Finally it's running and the shake down cruise went successful.

Today after work I'm taking it out to the practice track with a buddy (my buddy rides a CR250). I've been through the manual and adjusted everything back to stock (suspension, chain, controls, tires etc). I haven't really ridden a motocross bike on a motocross track since I was a youngster. Looking forward to trying out the 400 on the track.

We are also planning a Hollister trip to see how the 400 does there.

Anyway - thanks everyone for all the help!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • spc mike

Posted October 18, 2008 - 01:37 PM

sound like you will have alot of fun! Let me know when you go to hollister because me and my brother will be heading down there in a week or two and most likely on a sunday.:D

• V8Pinto

Posted October 21, 2008 - 08:36 AM

We will be there the 8th/9th (moved from the 1st/2nd). We always camp in Bee camp and will have three or four guys and various g/f's, wives, kids. My buddy rides a red CR250, I'll be on the YZ with probably a vintage Yamaha or Honda in tow, another buddy rides a YZ250WR and another guy rides a WR500 two stroke.

We always fly Old Glory from the truck.

Feel free to stop by and say hello. My name is Shane

Related Content

Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

• 1 reply
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

• 5 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.