2004 WR 450 Street legal?

1 reply to this topic
  • magiksc

Posted October 17, 2008 - 09:10 AM

So a friend of mine has a good deal on an 04 WR 450, I was thinking of picking it up and making it a street legal supermoto. I live in Utah and we can street legal just about anything. I was going to do my YZ but my bro talked me into looking for a bike to do a mild build on(sit in my shop through winter while I powder coat the frame and what not) and I figured the WR would be nice with the e-start and 90% wired for all the lights.

SHould I be looking for a different machine or different year? Any help would be great.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ertxc

Posted October 23, 2008 - 09:40 PM

I just legalized my 04 wr450 and love it (478 kit and mild port job). AZ will also put a plate on anything, too. From what I read on this forum, just avoid the '03's.
If you wanna run an elec horn, just wire it directly to the battery.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.