Why am I in love with the GYT-R hotstart lever?

21 replies to this topic
  • Regalman

Posted October 16, 2008 - 12:44 PM

Why am I in love with the GYT-R hotstart lever? I usually simply hate bling and this is about as bling as it gets.

I think its the blue... plus all my friends ride WR's and YZF's and none of them have it. Sure, they have GYT-R sprocket covers and skid plates and all that... but none of them have the hotstart lever.

Am I just being dumb because its a new bike... or should I just drop the money and go buy it so I think I've got the coolest bike of the lot?

I swear... I hate CF and Chrome... but that Blue... I'm mesmerized.

Am I the only one?

• William1

Posted October 16, 2008 - 01:07 PM

Demented possibly..... :D

• tribalbc

Posted October 16, 2008 - 06:58 PM

I've had one a few weeks now.
The price I could do without, the bling whatever, but the hotstarts on the fly with the thumb rule :D

• tweav

Posted October 16, 2008 - 08:52 PM

you know the odd thing I noticed about that part . I've had my 07 wr for nearly 2 years now and have never used or needed the hot start lever once. I kind of think of it as an extra POS on my handlebard that does'nt need to be there.

• William1

Posted October 16, 2008 - 09:28 PM

I use my hot start on mt wr only when riding tight, slow single track. If my average speed is above 10 mph, then I typically do not need it.

• tweav

Posted October 17, 2008 - 01:25 AM

I use my hot start on mt wr only when riding tight, slow single track. If my average speed is above 10 mph, then I typically do not need it.

My bike hardly ever goes on real tight track . I mostly average 75-85 mph most of the time mine's a supermoto . Also it has a rekluse pro clutch in it for when I do hit the tech stuff . I only stall it if I drop the bike and leave it there for a few minutes "Yes I leave it lay there when I crash " I was really surprised how long it will idle laying on it's side. The rekluse really helps alot because I don't have any knobbies to just dig my way out , so all I have to do is control the throttle and it walks over stuff.

• Regalman

Posted October 17, 2008 - 03:24 AM

Odd, when trail riding, I use my hot start every time I start the bike.

• tribalbc

Posted October 17, 2008 - 05:46 AM

I live in the tight nasty single track so mine get's lots of use :D

• tweav

Posted October 17, 2008 - 06:47 AM

Odd, when trail riding, I use my hot start every time I start the bike.

Are you guy's stalling and needing to restart? Is your bike's hard to start when hot? mine starts easier when it's warmed up.

• Regalman

Posted October 17, 2008 - 06:56 AM

My bike is new... I had some issues at first with it not wanting to fire up immediately when on the trail. If I pull the hotstart it fires right up... not sure if its needed, but it works so???

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tribalbc

Posted October 17, 2008 - 07:04 AM

Are you guy's stalling and needing to restart? Is your bike's hard to start when hot? mine starts easier when it's warmed up.

2nd gear up riding it starts without the hot start no problem. It's the long extended gnarly first gear sections, where you are most likely to stall, and the engine gets smokin hot.

• tribalbc

Posted October 17, 2008 - 07:21 AM

Here's a pic of the culprit

Posted Image

• Regalman

Posted October 17, 2008 - 07:25 AM

That must be the factory clutch perch with lever?

• Charles De Mar

Posted October 17, 2008 - 07:29 AM

Can I mount one of those hot starts on my wife?

• tribalbc

Posted October 17, 2008 - 07:32 AM

No, stock perch. When you buy the hotstart lever it comes with it's mount as the inside perch clamp to replace the stock one with hotstart on top.
It better for $90 CAD :D

• tribalbc

Posted October 17, 2008 - 07:33 AM

Can I mount one of those hot starts on my wife?

Does she need it :D

• Regalman

Posted October 17, 2008 - 07:36 AM

So, they are showing the backside in the pic aren't they... doesn't seem to look as cool mounted.

Posted Image

• tribalbc

Posted October 17, 2008 - 07:41 AM

Yeah the catalog picture confused me to.

• Regalman

Posted October 17, 2008 - 07:42 AM

I think they purposely did it to make it look more blue... it worked... it caught my eye.

• Charles De Mar

Posted October 17, 2008 - 07:45 AM

Does she need it :D

Of course not, she's got me! My bike doesn't need one either but, I still wouldn't mind having one:busted:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.