Buddy Bike

17 replies to this topic
  • YAMAKAZE

Posted June 23, 2002 - 01:49 PM

Paul,Bill, and other contributers...

Finally got rid of the Kawasaki and Picked up the YZ400F , The E-series you provided fit perfectly...Added new Seal Savers, Flatland Radiator Guards, Completely lubed all the bearings yesterday and am rebuilding the carb (The Jetting was way off) tonight, and Have a set of Renthal Fat Bars waiting to go on...This is gonna make a great BUDDY BIKE....

Now My signature is gonna grow for sure...

SORRY...About the Camelbacks in the picture....I just noticed them...Oh Well....

Thanks again,

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Bonzai :)

[ June 23, 2002: Message edited by: YAMAKAZE ]

• Dan_from_HB

Posted June 23, 2002 - 04:40 PM

Is it just me, or is anyone else wondering where Yamakaze gets all the money for this cool stuff?

• MOmilkman

Posted June 23, 2002 - 04:50 PM

You even supply a decent tire for your buddy bike.

I've finally come to a realization.....

my buddys suck! :)

• PMAUST

Posted June 23, 2002 - 07:38 PM

Alright, when do I get to come out and do a little ridding with you? I hope my old WB will still remember me! :) :D :D
Very cool!

• Dodger

Posted June 24, 2002 - 11:52 AM

Damn,I gotta get me some buddies like this :) ...............

Dodger :D :D

• armourbl

Posted June 24, 2002 - 12:40 PM

I'll be your buddy anytime, just not your butt buddy.... :)

Can you explain what that "bike stand" is. Never seen one like that..

ben

• yamaha.dude

Posted June 24, 2002 - 01:37 PM

I would be happy with YAMAKZE's trailer... :) :D let alone the whole buddy thing...

If you ever make it downunder, come and be my buddy... (and bring that trailer!!)

BTW, that chain looks a little rusty... :D :D

David

• Bill

Posted June 24, 2002 - 02:34 PM

Camelbacks in your pic, what about your signature :) I'm telling Mike :D

Does your post mean to come on down and ride. Baltimore to Atlanta, ain't that far :D

My son's discovered girls and has given up bikes. I have his KDX and have been thinking buddy bike, down on a street bike, more mods for my bike, a baby brother (250f)............

Bill :D

• S_Phillips

Posted June 24, 2002 - 02:39 PM

HOly Sh***

What a trailer set up.

VERY NICE KAZE!!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dan_from_HB

Posted June 24, 2002 - 03:10 PM

Sorry, Kaze. It was just a little joke, but it looks like you may get lots of visitors soon, wanted or not.
Should I bring my sleeping bag for the barn?
What day are we all planning to show up at his house?
BTW, Kaze, what was your address????

• yamaha.dude

Posted June 25, 2002 - 12:21 PM

I hope he puts a seat and tank on the thing before you guys all try and ride the thing... or is that the deal? Bring an aftermarket tank and a new gripper seat and you can ride it... LOL

David

• Dan_from_HB

Posted June 25, 2002 - 01:56 PM

Ssshhhhhh! Don't put ideas in his head.

• YAMAKAZE

Posted June 26, 2002 - 02:11 AM

Thanks Yamaha-dude.....I found a complete YZ seat at Motosports Outlet with gripper cover for $89.00, going to order it this Friday...... I was already thinking new tank, but have opted to order a new set of Graphics from CEET instead.

• Ga426owner

Posted June 26, 2002 - 04:12 AM

Bonzai, why do you want to replace the gas tank? Are you trying to make it a WR? The YZF tank holds plenty of gas...for the type of riding you do.

• YAMAKAZE

Posted June 26, 2002 - 05:12 AM

I was thinking about replacing the tank for cosmetic reasons only. One of "Cycle Stupids" Stellar Parts Monkeys had been riding the bike on the weekends for the last couple of months, and was lets just say extreamely Un-Coordinated and spent much time on the ground, Thus the new Handlebars.....The tank has several large scratches in the left side. I think I can sand them out to a point that I can get a good set of graphics on.

When I picked up the bike it was a nightmare...All the bearings were DRY, the Air Filter was ruined, The jetting was a complete abortion. I spent the entire weekend servicing and replacing defective items. Tonight I'll finish with the jetting by adding an EKN needle. I may have to break down and purchace a P-38 Lightning if I cannot get a "Fast Open Throttle BOG" cured with the EKN. I test rode it again last night.....It's now almost perfect...Gotta save a few more expense checks so that I can have MXTUNER do a set of Gold Valves in the Front Forks. The rear shock seems ok, I set the SAG and tested it...Felt pretty good.

I was running out of things to do to my WR so this will be a good project for awhile.

[ June 26, 2002: Message edited by: YAMAKAZE ]

• Ga426owner

Posted June 26, 2002 - 05:50 AM

Bill, talk to Mark about the bog, he may be able to fix with a modified BK or MXTuner mod....

• Ga426owner

Posted June 26, 2002 - 05:53 AM

Bill, also I was thinking about my 99YZF..if you have not cleaned yet....take the accellerator pump apart to clean as that year it is notorious for dirt & grime to sludge up the pump, under the rubber boot. I fixed mine by silconing the heck out of the top & bottom of the rubber boot.

• YAMAKAZE

Posted June 26, 2002 - 06:19 AM

Been There...Done ALL that....

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.