Question about Dr. D exhaust?

4 replies to this topic
  • bansheeater1

Posted October 15, 2008 - 12:49 PM

I just recently bought a stainless steel Dr. D exhaust for my 07 yz450f. When I was taking off my old exhaust, it had a clamp that held the header pipe and tail pipe together. When I went to go put the new exhaust on it the clamp wouldn't go tight enough to tighten on the header pipe and tail pipe. Does this Dr. D exhaust need a clamp to hold them together or is the fit tight enough I don't have to worry about anything? Thanks.

• usmcpaul

Posted October 15, 2008 - 02:49 PM

My 05 doesn't, its a slip fit.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • clutchless

Posted October 15, 2008 - 03:00 PM

no, clamp is for stock system only.

do not use it on your Dr D system.

you don't need it.

• bansheeater1

Posted October 15, 2008 - 03:21 PM

Thanks for the answers guys.

• racerx217

Posted October 18, 2008 - 05:47 PM

just a fyi make sure you repack it every 10 hours or you will bake that drd sticker on the can, trust me i have one that now looks like crap

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.