WR450 15-50 vs 14-50

4 replies to this topic
  • stev0

Posted October 15, 2008 - 12:17 PM

I changed my stock gearing last night to a 15 countersprocket and the difference is amazing..

It really feels like it hauls ass now to about 80mph , then if you open wider .. 100mph comes quickly :D

The reason i changed was for dual sporting rides. I did dirt earlier too and 3rd gear wheelies feel like they have more traction now ... Im not sure if i actually like it tho... the 14 front was quiet snappy.

anybody else run this setup? what you think?

• MarshalGiles

Posted October 16, 2008 - 04:12 AM

I had my bike geared at 15-50 for my last ride and liked it alot. The terrain was more wide open than the singletrack I usually ride on, so the gearing suited quite nicely. I don't think I'd like riding at 60 mph for more than 15 or 20 minutes like that, though. If you like it, great. I'd put a 47 or smaller on the rear for any longer trips.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SDMatt

Posted October 16, 2008 - 03:18 PM

I think that it's fun to change things around and find what works best for you in each situation that you ride in. I put on a 13 counter sproket for some single track loops and change the throttle response setting on my JD Kit. It's almost amazin how adaptable these types of bikes can become. :D

• stev0

Posted October 16, 2008 - 10:54 PM

I think that it's fun to change things around and find what works best for you in each situation that you ride in. I put on a 13 counter sproket for some single track loops and change the throttle response setting on my JD Kit. It's almost amazin how adaptable these types of bikes can become. :D

I think i should get me a 13 aswell.. its nice to play around!

• MaddogYZ

Posted October 17, 2008 - 02:14 PM

I was suprised the difference +1 in the rear did, not huge but it pulled 3rd gear a lot easier in the medium speed stuff without having to shift to 2md all the time.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.