WR450F head v YZ450F head.

2 replies to this topic
  • WR450FGreg

Posted October 15, 2008 - 02:26 AM

What are the differences between a 2008 WR450F head and one fitted to a 2008 YZ450F?
Looking at the parts lists the "assembly" has a different part number, but the diagram (for what it's worth) looks identical.

Obviously the cams and stuff would be different, but what about the actual cast aluminium head unit itself?

Greg

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tweav

Posted October 15, 2008 - 03:06 AM

I don't know about the 08's but I have an 07 sitting here and they both seem to have the same casting #'s but they are machined a bit differant . The biggest thing I can see is there no holes milled in for the smog crap. otherwise the chamber and all that look the same.

• VB_Racing

Posted October 15, 2008 - 06:54 AM

The 08 YZ head is a bit different from previous years, as far as porting goes. I do not think the WR followed suit, but they should interchange. I do not know if the 08 YZ head would be a good fit powerwise on a WR however, because the power is a bit soft on the bottom on the YZ, compared to previous years. It may affect the WR the same way. Physiacally they should interchange though. Hope this helps!!

Dave

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.