am i screwed with this wheel??

4 replies to this topic
  • waterman7474

Posted October 14, 2008 - 05:57 PM

so i bought this wheel http://cgi.ebay.com/...em=130248239100a month or so ago and just got a new paddle on it and realized i have a few problems.

i THOUGHT that the 426 wheels would fit on my 04 but i guess i am/was wrong.

first, the axle is smaller, and while he did supply an axle, it will now be loose in the guide on the axle....right..?

second, the spacers are off, it is actually too wide.

called my buddy with a (street) bike shop and he thought we might be able to just put in new bearings but then we realized the bearing is actually bigger in the old wheel, which is funny cause the axle is smaller..so that might not work.

so...suggestions

thanks
flynn

• Charles De Mar

Posted October 14, 2008 - 06:00 PM

Find a guy with a 426 and a jacked rear wheel:thumbsup:Keep the paddle. I don't know if there is a retro fit.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Guyver

Posted October 14, 2008 - 09:03 PM

I have a 426 and live within a 1/2 hour of Pismo. PM me if you want to sell it.

Guyver

• waterman7474

Posted October 15, 2008 - 07:07 AM

so...does this mean that all the info i've found on here that the wheels from 99-05 being compatible are false...??

I have a 426 and live within a 1/2 hour of Pismo. PM me if you want to sell it.

Guyver

i will. it is starting to look that way.
i added a brand new disc rotor and there is the new King Paddle tire on it.

• canute

Posted October 15, 2008 - 07:09 AM

sounds like you have a '98 wheel - the axle/hub was smaller on the 98's.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.