Will a WR tranny work in a 07 YZ450?

2 replies to this topic
  • SparksXR426

Posted October 14, 2008 - 05:29 PM

Time for a new bike, always rode Hondas off road and basically want the motocrosser with a wide ratio gearbox. (Yes I know about the KTM XC's, but they never seem to go on sale, almost 2 grand more and their weird) Cant do it with the Honda but it looks like you can with the YZ. Anyone know for sure or tried it? That will clinch my decision to go blue or not.:D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted October 14, 2008 - 06:21 PM

Yes, the WR trans will work in a YZ450, with the following caveats:

> Trans parts are interchangeable between WR450's of '07 and later models and YZ450F's of '06 and later models.

> The shift cam and forks are the same in both models, as is the output shaft.

> The main shaft and all other gears are different. You MAY be able to mix and match gear pairs from one to the other, but the extent to which this is or is not possible is unknown to me.

For those wondering, the '03-'06 WR450 trans can be used in the earlier, '03-'05 YZ450, but omly as a complete assembly:

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=315799

• SparksXR426

Posted October 14, 2008 - 07:05 PM

Right on,thanx Grayracer :D

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.