How many blue duners do we have?

12 replies to this topic
  • xjruss

Posted October 14, 2008 - 01:22 PM

What's up everyone... discussion in another thread got me wondering how many other duners are on here? So... let's see who's out there... maybe tell us about your ride and what area(s) you frequent.

My 450 is my dune bike (I recently bought a 125 as a play bike for Ocotillo Wells and the other "desert" areas, it's a blast!)... I ride primarily at Glamis, but also make the occaisonal trip to Gordons Well. I've never camped at Buttercup, but did cross the bridge from Gordons once to check it out.

If there's any interest, maybe we could organize a TT dune trip?

• red_rider_elsinore

Posted October 14, 2008 - 02:25 PM

I have a '00 yz426f, but its not running right now. I'm hoping to get it running by the end of the month. In the meantime I ride my 400ex or xr650r in the dunes. I do primarily Glamis. I've camped at Gordon's and Buttercup when I go with a group. What I love about Gordon's is Pair-A-Dice dinner. It's very much an actual restaurant. I live less than hr away so I go a lot.

-Oliver

• bansheeater1

Posted October 15, 2008 - 12:54 PM

I ride an 07 yz450f. I ride glamis most of the time. I'm actually heading out to Glamis for Halloween weekend. I'm so excited. First trip out to Glamis for the year!

• husqy360

Posted October 15, 2008 - 03:42 PM

i ride a 2006 yz450f. i mostley ride dunes and love the bike !
the only problem i have in the hot summer days, is that the bike will boil if not moving fast.
i just got 12 t front sprcket and the bike will fly any gear.

• curthall11

Posted October 15, 2008 - 06:25 PM

I just was at Buttercup this past weekend on my 2000 yz426f and had a blast. I think I'll do Glamis on Halloween.

• detonator01

Posted October 15, 2008 - 08:24 PM

2004 YZ450F I ride mostly Pismo Dunes and Natural Terrain!
I just added a gyr-t carbon pipe, AFE air intake, and a Boysen quick shot-2.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dbehr624

Posted October 15, 2008 - 10:53 PM

I have an 06 450 and i ride pismo a lot. I used to go to glamis sometimes, but i just dont like the type of crowd that hangs out down there.

• xjruss

Posted October 16, 2008 - 05:47 AM

I have an 06 450 and i ride pismo a lot. I used to go to glamis sometimes, but i just dont like the type of crowd that hangs out down there.

In my opinion, Glamis has the best dunes around... but there's no denying there are a lot of idiots out there. Then again, there are idiots everywhere... you just need to learn how to avoid them. :D

• bansheeater1

Posted October 16, 2008 - 09:50 AM

In my opinion, Glamis has the best dunes around... but there's no denying there are a lot of idiots out there. Then again, there are idiots everywhere... you just need to learn how to avoid them. :D

I second that..I think Glamis has the best dunes you could ask for. Ya it gets busy on the holiday weekends but you have to watch your surroundings..once you get out in the big dunes there aren't as much people out there. they are all hanging out at Oldsmobile Hills. Thats where alot of the craziness is in my opinion.

• clutchless

Posted October 16, 2008 - 12:29 PM

Superstition, Gordens and Glamis.

I like Superstition the best, you get a mix of rocks, mud hills, hardpack, sand, wind lips and hill climbs.

And you don't have to deal with switching the tire to paddles.

• PolskaSax

Posted October 16, 2008 - 08:22 PM

Winchester Bay, Coos Bay, North Bend Oregon

• IDAHOBALLER

Posted October 17, 2008 - 04:06 AM

I ride an 08YZ450f, and am in the process of building a CR500AF for sand use only! I ride St. Anthony's and the Winnemucca sand dunes. I also have a long travel Raptor 700 that is used for sand only that my dad rides most of the time.

• xjruss

Posted October 17, 2008 - 05:52 AM

I ride an 08YZ450f, and am in the process of building a CR500AF for sand use only! I ride St. Anthony's and the Winnemucca sand dunes. I also have a long travel Raptor 700 that is used for sand only that my dad rides most of the time.

Nice. I'm planning a trip to St. Anthony over the summer... probably July or August.

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.