Pics of new bike!!

11 replies to this topic
  • WVrider20

Posted October 13, 2008 - 05:19 PM

Here are some pictures of my 01 WR426 that I bought about a month ago. I finally fixed all the smalll problems and gave it some much needed TLC! new chain, bars, fenders, graphics, stickers, painted the frame, etc. I really like how it turned out. Enjoy!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

• YZMichaelYZ

Posted October 13, 2008 - 05:22 PM

looks nice! did you take your spark arrestor out. or is it supposed to be like that?

• Bosco83

Posted October 13, 2008 - 06:11 PM

Looking good really clean.

• JSanfilippo

Posted October 13, 2008 - 06:19 PM

Very sanitary :D

What are you running for coolant? Dex-cool?

I'd put the spark arrestor back in before going onto public lands....those old school WR pipes are deafening without a baffle, I would imagine they'd be down right nasty w/o the whole spark arrestor insert.

• Guyver

Posted October 13, 2008 - 10:10 PM

Looking good WV! I also got a wr426 in the last few weeks and fixed mine up alittle too. Did you take it all the way apart/pull the engine or just touch it up as best you could get at it? You can check mine out a few threads down.

Guyver

• matt4x4

Posted October 14, 2008 - 03:43 AM

Nice Work on the WR - just redid mine over the winter as well.
Just wondering - did you repaint the tank? It just doesn't look the same color - if you did repaint it, I have some bad news for you....

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MountainMax

Posted October 14, 2008 - 07:39 AM

Looks good, but you need a sticker on your gas tank, imho, and she will be perfect

• WVrider20

Posted October 14, 2008 - 02:01 PM

Thankyou everyone for the comments!

I'd put the spark arrestor back in before going onto public lands....those old school WR pipes are deafening without a baffle, I would imagine they'd be down right nasty w/o the whole spark arrestor insert.

True, but where I ride I do not have to be concerned with noise. This is just temporary until after Xmas. HOpefully ill get some extra money and put an aftermarket system on.

did you repaint the tank? It just doesn't look the same color

Yes I did, with Rustoleum Plastic Paint. It wasnt expensive and it looks better than it did before, you shoulda seen it! I like the contrast actually, and I figure the worst that can happen is it cracks off.

Did you take it all the way apart/pull the engine

No I just taped everything off and used rags to cover stuff up and painted it that way. I was thinking about taking it all apart but figured its a dirtbike. the first time on the trail its gonna get mudded up anyway. lol

• 97 Polaris Ultra SPX

Posted October 14, 2008 - 02:05 PM

You can scratch that rustoleum off with your fingernail. That stuff SUCKS.

• WVrider20

Posted October 14, 2008 - 02:07 PM

well then it looked good for pictures didnt it. Like I said, im not overly concerned with it scratching off, itll scratch back onto blue anyway if it does.

• AFJ7732W

Posted October 15, 2008 - 01:32 AM

I see you have to keep your bike fenced in so it doesn't run off and beat the crap out of some pink bike.

• Guyver

Posted October 15, 2008 - 10:02 AM

I used the Rustoleum too cause I couldn't find the Krylon Fusion anywhere in town, not even at Kragen. I hope it doesn't scratch off real easy; only time will tell.

So far it looks great. The can says it takes 5-7 days to fully cure. I did sand my plastic down all the way to 1000 and that may have made the difference.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.