Can you help dial me in?

1 reply to this topic
  • Wetfoot

Posted January 10, 2003 - 08:11 AM

I was hoping that someone might be able to help me get my '02 WR426F running right.

I am running a White Bros E Series w/ quiet core 2 & 12 discs, removed the airbox lid, cut gray wire, yz throttle stop.

The carb: stock needle position, 170 main, 2 turns out on screw.

My bike starts & idles perfect! My problem is at 3/4+ throttle when it starts to pop.
I assume that I need a larger main, but how much larger?
(My home in SoCal is @ approx 1000 feet)

Any suggestions would be great!

Thanks.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tctrailrider

Posted January 10, 2003 - 09:05 AM

Wetfoot, If you search using Jetting Qs without an ' you will get tons of info. It will take some time but you will find the same bike at similiar elevations and see what they have done. Most people go to an E taper needle once the baffle, air box and throttle stop mods are done. E taper requires a smaller main jet that the stock D taper needle. I think the stock main is 165 so 170 should be better with the mods and stock needle. I would move the needle up one clip and see what happens. With an E needle you might end up with a 165 main. Happy hunting

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.