426 specs VS 400 specs

1 reply to this topic
  • oddball

Posted June 21, 2002 - 08:14 AM

I have used this site and found a lot of info for setting up a WR400, but little set up for my 426. Now maybe I just need to look harder, but my question is this.

I see most people are running around a 158MJ and running a DMM needle, on a WR400. My 2002 WR426 came stock with a 165MJ and a DRR needle. Service manual does not list a DMM needle for the 426. Do I want to go with 400 specs, or do I have a different beast?

The reason for the quest is a choking in nuetral, when snaping from idle to 3/4 throttle. I have removed the sprak arrestor, ripped off the air box top, and removed the throttle stop. The bike is a monster when just running from idle to half throtle.

I would rather be looking at it, then looking for it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mcarp

Posted June 21, 2002 - 10:44 AM

I would bet the jetting should be very similar given similar mods.

But I'm not sure I agree most people are running the jetting you mentioned. It's all over the board..

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.