WR450F throttle sticking

6 replies to this topic
  • aussieklx

Posted October 13, 2008 - 01:57 AM

Gday, im having some troubles with the trottle on my 05 WR450F. It was a little sticky and grab abit initally, so i pulled it apart and tried to lube the cables and housing, but the cables are hard to lube due to the white plastic things at the end of the cable. I put everything back together as i found it and now it is grabbing even more, and wont even return i when i turn it. Is there any tricks to lubing or setting up the throttle assembly? Should i get new cables?

Any help would be appreciated

Cheers everyone

• Wabbit16

Posted October 13, 2008 - 02:04 AM

Try a bit of WD-40 and force it down the cable. Also check the throttle return spring and see if the problem isn't maybe at the carb. Good luck

• gnarler65

Posted October 13, 2008 - 05:16 AM

Yeh i pulled the plastic cover of the carby where the cables go,and sprayed WD-40 all over the place.put it back to-gether and has been smooth ever since.Here is a cable lubricator , if you havn't already got one.

http://www.ballards..../CATALOGUE-2008

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • aussieklx

Posted October 14, 2008 - 02:06 AM

cheers for the replys guys, did a bit more investigating today and turns out it was snagging on the bark buster end, so just trimmed the throttle tube so it could slide over the bar end and repositioned the throttle assembly and all good working like a charm!!

• mikeythefokker

Posted October 14, 2008 - 11:01 PM

My throttle got stuck open once, due to an abundance of grip glue, and my buddy wheelied my bike into the side of my truck. The sticky throttle problem is one that is always worth fixing.

• Charles De Mar

Posted October 15, 2008 - 02:08 PM

cheers for the replys guys, did a bit more investigating today and turns out it was snagging on the bark buster end, so just trimmed the throttle tube so it could slide over the bar end and repositioned the throttle assembly and all good working like a charm!!

i was going to ask:thumbsup:

• YamaLink

Posted October 15, 2008 - 02:53 PM

Easily the funniest thing I've read in a long time!

My throttle got stuck open once, due to an abundance of grip glue, and my buddy wheelied my bike into the side of my truck. The sticky throttle problem is one that is always worth fixing.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.