Who's got the most muscles in their right leg? (in some cases left)

8 replies to this topic
  • MOmilkman

Posted June 21, 2002 - 04:41 AM

Just wondering what some of the hardest to start bikes are out there.

My buddys dad had a '73 Yamaha 360 and he claims that to be the hardest to start.

I think hands down it has to be my 95 XR 600. :D :D :) (No regrets the day that thing was trailered off)

Any others???

• lewichris

Posted June 21, 2002 - 06:22 AM

my father in laws 1985 john deer riding lawn mower. what a bitch. and trying to mow the whold lawn without it crapping out is a another feat in its self!!!

• MOmilkman

Posted June 21, 2002 - 06:50 AM

Wow!

Your father-in-law has a riding lawn mower with a kick start.

YOU WIN!

• lewichris

Posted June 21, 2002 - 07:14 AM

lol

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tk421

Posted June 21, 2002 - 12:02 PM

Hands down, whoever can operate the clutch on a Freight Train. That individual has the strongest right leg! :)

• Ron_in_SoCal

Posted June 21, 2002 - 12:25 PM

Here is the king of the lefties:

Posted Image
1974 HUSQVARNA 450 DESERT MASTER

• James_Dean

Posted June 21, 2002 - 01:07 PM

I've broken kickstart arms on both a KX500 (twice) and a YZ490.

The most painful bike to kickstart was the 750 Norton. If the wrong piston of the twin was at TDC, it kicked back with a vengeance.

The '75 Goldwing had a removeable kickstart in the glovebox. Take it out with the bike on the centerstand and insert it. Then stand alongside the bike facing it and push down on the lever. It was about the worst design you could imagine.

My biggest mistake came 2 years ago kickstarting a KX250 without a boot. My foot slipped off the kickstart arm and the end of it raked up my shin bone. :) Several feet of sutures and 32 staples later the slice was put back together.

Moral of the story: Always wear a boot when using the kick start.

[ June 21, 2002: Message edited by: James Dean ]

• YAMAKAZE

Posted June 21, 2002 - 02:47 PM

My old Yamaha 360 (Pictured Left) was the biggest pain in the butt to start...It literally burned to the ground in a post crash fire about 6 weeks after the photo was taken....I was never so happy...Glad it was my buddy bike and not my RS.

Posted Image

Bonzai :)

• Brian_in_Long_Beach

Posted June 21, 2002 - 07:58 PM

I'd have to vote for my '88 XR600 that had been hopped up to a 628cc w/mid-range cam. It would cough and stall at the most in-opportune times - like in the middle of a corner (on the street - it was a DS) or at the bottom of a gully. It got the point where I would just take off my helmet and wait 10 minutes before even trying to start it.....

Brian

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.