03 yz450f master cylinder problem

1 reply to this topic
  • stepside

Posted October 12, 2008 - 06:41 AM

I keep having a reoccurring problem with my front master cylinder seals developing a small pinhole in the front seal located next to the spring. It has happened twice and both times I slid out on a right hand corner and the brake lever got hit. The first time I was going fairly fast but the second time I basically just tipped over and it still blew the seal.

My question is there any mod or tougher master cylinder or seal that can help with this problem, I have already ruined two good days to this.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Charlie755

Posted October 12, 2008 - 02:45 PM

Are you using stock levers? If you are Sunline has a great new design for the clutch and brake lever and its not rediculously priced. They are around $65.00 U.S. I use them on my sons bike because of similar problems with his bike when he crashes hard on the right side. These levers flex out of the way in a crash preventing the lever from putting all of the force onto the master cylinder. The levers not only fold forward like the ASV levers but also fold up and down. Where are you at in Ontario?

Related Content

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.