BHP output for 2006 WR 450f

5 replies to this topic
  • fasthands

Posted October 12, 2008 - 06:28 AM

I am trying to register my bike it's a 2006 WR450F European spec, for road use here in the UK, I am really struggling to find the BHP for the bike in complete standard form. does anyone know as it asks this on the form I need to fill in to register the bike. I have found some info that says it's around 36.6 ft lb of torque as standard, but I need BHP. I cant find it anywhere!! AAARRGGHHH! :D Can anyone help?

• mikeythefokker

Posted October 12, 2008 - 11:39 PM

Stock wr450's make hp numbers in the low 40's. Modded bikes get up to the lower 50's with just bolt on parts. Serious supermoto bikes with higher comp pistons and race cams can make upwards of 60hp.

• YamaLink

Posted October 13, 2008 - 10:13 AM

I was told 42 bhp.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dr dave 29

Posted October 13, 2008 - 12:41 PM

I believe stock, Yamaha claim 62 at engine. Don't know what that is rwhp.

• JSanfilippo

Posted October 13, 2008 - 09:27 PM

Stock wr450's make hp numbers in the low 40's. Modded bikes get up to the lower 50's with just bolt on parts. Serious supermoto bikes with higher comp pistons and race cams can make upwards of 60hp.

yup!

I've seen stock dyno runs in the mags from the 43-46 hp range. Each dyno is different....

With the gray wire cut, opened airbox, jetted carb, and a pipe these things will meet or exceed the 50hp mark.

• fasthands

Posted October 14, 2008 - 02:44 AM

Thanks folks, it is more than I thought! this grey wire and other mods sound interesting!! I will be looking this up. thanks again.:D

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.