Spoiler, US Open: JS and his new YZ

21 replies to this topic
  • twenty34

Posted October 12, 2008 - 12:42 AM

Went 1-1 for the weekend, but your friend, CR gave him a run for his money.

a Cox photo.
Posted Image

• dtkiko

Posted October 12, 2008 - 02:08 AM

[COLOR="Blue"]there goes again yami's continuing winning streaks haha! :D :worthy:

gotta love JS and yamaha team-up!!! :ride:
[/COLOR]

• grayracer513

Posted October 12, 2008 - 07:35 AM

Rear tire looks a little uh, FLAT. Maybe it's just the impact.

• BlackT5

Posted October 12, 2008 - 08:33 AM

Look how far back the axle is in the swingarm. It would be cool to see the motor mounts. I'm curious if they are stock or some other thinned out material.

• Scooter426

Posted October 12, 2008 - 10:33 AM

axle far back is best. more leverage for the swingarm.

• cowboyona426

Posted October 12, 2008 - 11:05 AM

That's an awesome shot! I was wondering about the rear tire too...

• Wabbit16

Posted October 12, 2008 - 11:14 AM

Blue bike and red gear = priceless:ride:

• yz_for_me

Posted October 12, 2008 - 02:13 PM

Gotta say, seeing JS on blue is cool, but man does it look wierd to see him on anything but green.

• aggiemoto99

Posted October 12, 2008 - 03:45 PM

that track was really slick I think, so i bet they ran down the pressure very low...if it was flat, props to bubba for winning on a flat...but that would have been a story already.

He looks awesome! I think it proves all bikes can be won on...just pick a color, as long as its blue!

• twenty34

Posted October 12, 2008 - 03:56 PM

t
I think it proves all bikes can be won on...just pick a color, as long as its blue!

Agreed, but take a look at all the hype around the 09 CRF and you'd swear there's no better bike on the universe. While I love my bike, the reality is that fast guys still pass me regardless of color. Much more to it than just buying a new bike. Not that I had any delusions.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • projected

Posted October 12, 2008 - 06:33 PM

Went 1-1 for the weekend, but your friend, CR gave him a run for his money.

a Cox photo.

I wish you would have mentioned "us open race results" I'm one of those strange people who don't like to know the winner before I watch the race. To me the race is much more exciting that way.

• twenty34

Posted October 12, 2008 - 06:38 PM

I wish you would have mentioned "us open race results" I'm one of those strange people who don't like to know the winner before I watch the race. To me the race is much more exciting that way.

Sorry.

• adamdf

Posted October 12, 2008 - 07:26 PM

Agreed, but take a look at all the hype around the 09 CRF and you'd swear there's no better bike on the universe. While I love my bike, the reality is that fast guys still pass me regardless of color. Much more to it than just buying a new bike. Not that I had any delusions.

Really good point man. Even i had started to think that the new RMZ, KXF, and CRF were the new generation and that the Yami would be a harder bike to ride on tight courses when compared to those since the EFI supposedly makes those bikes very efficient in getting power to the ground along with the CRF's new sleek chassis which sounds awesome, but then James goes and proves what we have known all along in mx, and its as simple as the next three words; NINETY PERCENT RIDER

• aggiemoto99

Posted October 12, 2008 - 08:29 PM

The beauty of motocross has always been that the rider controls hows fast he goes, not the brand of bike.

It's also the downfall, as the racing isn't tight like nascar or drag racing.

• dtkiko

Posted October 12, 2008 - 10:19 PM

[COLOR="Blue"]something is amiss with how the '09 CRF450R pipe is configured.... i just hate it so much haha!!! :D [/COLOR]

• Wiz636

Posted October 13, 2008 - 07:48 AM

Anybody know if/when the race wil be on TV?

• projected

Posted October 13, 2008 - 11:42 AM

Anybody know if/when the race wil be on TV?

According to Racer X
October 20 1:30 P.M. ET Las Vegas Open on CBS

I haven't verified yet though.

• DPW

Posted October 13, 2008 - 02:26 PM

http://www.vitalmx.c...CBS-Sports,3940

CBS Sports Saturday, October 18 from 1:30-3:00 p.m. (EST)

• Ga450owner

Posted October 13, 2008 - 05:03 PM

So true so true Rick. Bugs the crap out of me when the faster rider passes me on a 5+year old bike...but at least you are style'n :D
Make no mistake though the Yami that Bubba is on, is not much like any stock 09 we can get.....and for that matter Bubba could be on a 125 and still pass 90% of the riders on 450s at the US Open:p

• Demo_Slug

Posted October 13, 2008 - 06:41 PM

Really good point man. Even i had started to think that the new RMZ, KXF, and CRF were the new generation and that the Yami would be a harder bike to ride on tight courses when compared to those since the EFI supposedly makes those bikes very efficient in getting power to the ground along with the CRF's new sleek chassis which sounds awesome, but then James goes and proves what we have known all along in mx, and its as simple as the next three words; NINETY PERCENT RIDER

personally, I think the EFI is going to be more of a big deal for consumers. a pro's mechanic shouuld be able to set the carb up pretty good for each race. but, for a guy like me... who will at most tweek the fuel screw if my bike is running rough, EFI is a big deal..

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.