Where to find Megamax II

10 replies to this topic
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted February 09, 2001 - 08:39 PM

Anyone know where I can find a new FMF Megamax II for a WR 400?

• MN_Kevin

Posted February 10, 2001 - 01:40 AM

Is it still in production?

• Bill

Posted February 10, 2001 - 05:11 AM

If you hang around here long enough, someone will sell theirs. Also check the YZ side of this site. And while your waiting you might as well register.

86TT225, 99WR, WR timing, throttle stop trimmed, air box lid removed, White Bros head pipe, silencer and air filter. Odometer and headlight removed. Moose hand and mud guards. YZ stock tank and IMS seat. Renthal Jimmy Button "highs" and Renthal Soft half waffle grips. AMA, SETRA.

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted February 10, 2001 - 08:51 PM

If you're looking to put one of these on your bike you might want to reconsider. I had one on my bike ('99 wr400)and did not like it. It was o.k. on performance when it was uncorked, but when set up with the spark arrester plates it was a dog. But that was not the worst of it. It fell apart! I sent it back to FMF for repairs one time (after about 3 months of use), and toward the end of last year I had to throw it in the trash. All the pop rivets on the baffle section just fell off! I was riding in AZ at the time so rust was not a factor - just poor workmanship in my opinion. FMF no longer makes that pipe and I can only guess why.

• robin_des_bois

Posted February 11, 2001 - 07:02 PM

I have one for one full year and no problem in view. Before me the owner was Clark Mason and the pipe is still in perfect condition. It is the quieter pipe you can put on the bike and bottom end is excellent. The previous post is the first one I see with any problem on the pipe.

My 2 cents

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bryan Bosch

Posted February 14, 2001 - 04:52 AM

I've had the MM for 4-5 months and I like it. The low/mid power has been enhanced IMHO from stock uncorked (10 discs) and it sounds better. I'll have to see how it holds up in the long run. It is possible to get a bad one out of the bunch. That is correct, they do not make them any longer however; they are still out there. My belief is that this is one of best in terms of power to noise. I ride the woods so I still can't use all the power of my WR much of the time. I guess it depends upon the riding you are planning on doing.

• Dave_VanBrocklin

Posted February 14, 2001 - 03:01 PM

Watch for cracks in the can area, especially behind the mount. 2 guys I know had cracks in the silencer before a year was out. The good news is that FMF repaired both of them free of charge, and they haven't cracked again. Maybe a bad run.The performance is not quite what my WB E series is, but they are quieter.

00 WZ400
01 Yamaha Raptor
99 Kawasaki ZRX1100
99 Yamaha Warrior

• robin_des_bois

Posted February 14, 2001 - 03:30 PM

Just to give you an idea of the noise of my plated wr400, I installed the quiet core and the quiet core :) Really quiet!!! Beside stock I don't think another pipe could be that silent.

• robin_des_bois

Posted February 14, 2001 - 03:33 PM

I mean, the quiet core AND only 6 plates!!!

• Bryan Bosch

Posted February 15, 2001 - 05:11 AM

This pipe is sooo flexible and from my calculations, my bike lost approx. 3lbs of unspung, highly mounted weight. Wahoooo! :)

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted March 09, 2001 - 10:16 PM

I HAVE ONE, GIVE ME A CALL 866-782-4600/818-782-4600

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.