00' wr400... NEED A SOFTER SEAT!!

6 replies to this topic
  • bluebreadtruck

Posted October 11, 2008 - 10:50 AM

I have my bike set up as a dual sport, and after about 45mins or riding its gets real bad.....

WHat are my options for this bike for a better seat? I dont mind adding a couple of inches of height if need be

• stev0

Posted October 11, 2008 - 11:09 AM

i have the same problem. after about 50miles or so i start feeling it. its obvious a thicker padded seat will help.

i thought of having extra foam inserted into my seat and having it recovered.

• CL13579

Posted October 11, 2008 - 11:30 AM

Different approach: Take the seat off the bike and grab a cordless drill with a 1" hole saw. Cut a bunch of holes every few inches all over the underside of the seat and pull out a little of the foam through each hole.

It will soften up the factory seat significantly! I've run a few over the years, and if done carefully, the seat will outlast the bike.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tribalbc

Posted October 11, 2008 - 11:49 AM

On my 450 I added 2" of soft foam and a little material to the outside edge of the seat to make it all fit. Very comfy and works good for me at 6' 3"

Posted Image

Don't mind the mud it was after a very muddy race :D

• buggs bunny

Posted October 11, 2008 - 12:25 PM

or you could look up guts racing and buy one of thier tall soft seats.i think i'm going to after a while.or mabey try the gel shorts sold on TT,they were out of stock when i tried to order them,but did get a pair of six in one brand,that were only padded where your butt would sit on a ten speed bike and pads on your hips and tail bone.:D

• LILBIT

Posted October 11, 2008 - 03:16 PM

Different approach: Take the seat off the bike and grab a cordless drill with a 1" hole saw. Cut a bunch of holes every few inches all over the underside of the seat and pull out a little of the foam through each hole.

It will soften up the factory seat significantly! I've run a few over the years, and if done carefully, the seat will outlast the bike.

Try this. I did my KTM a year or more ago and it got softer with use. Finally did the WR a couple of weeks ago and it helps. Hopinf it get better as well. If you do blow through the top of the foam glue a 1/8" layer of foam over it and it won't show.

• taycam

Posted October 12, 2008 - 06:57 PM

Im going to replace my pine bench with a tall/soft seat from Guts racing, my butt can take no more....ya ya im over 40

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.